SVS New 17-Ultra R|Evolution Subwoofer Series Their Best EVER?!?

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
900x450.jpg
SVS has recently announced a new flagship subwoofer series to replace their venerable 16-Ultra series, which was launched eight years ago. The new series, called the 17-Ultra R|Evolution series, pushes the specifications for their flagship subs a step further. It consists of the PB17-Ultra R|Evolution and SB17-Ultra R|Evolution, continuing SVS’s naming convention of using "P" to indicate the ported model and "S" to indicate the sealed model. Read our preview of SVS's new 17-Ultra R|Evolution series to find out more...

READ: SVS 17-Ultra R|Evolution Preview

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
I took the time today to attend their "MAJOR PRODUCT LAUNCH ANNOUNCEMENT on SVS Audiophile Happy Hour this Tuesday!" on YouTube, and frankly a lot of it was disappointing. The first 20 minutes was their CEO rambling on about various things like Concerts and Movies he liked. He really dominated the conversation, but finally they got to some discussion on these new Subs. They made the point of it numerous times that these were new "from the ground up", and not simply a rebrand like "other" OEMs do.

Obviously these are going to be unobtaniums for most folks (like me) at up to $3,000 USD, but I'll read the reviews (@shadyJ get going!) and drool. I'm still drooling over ShadyJ's Hsu Research VTF-TN1 15" Subwoofer Review which seems even more amazing at $1,200 USD!

I just need to win that dam lottery... ;)

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I took the time today to attend their "MAJOR PRODUCT LAUNCH ANNOUNCEMENT on SVS Audiophile Happy Hour this Tuesday!" on YouTube, and frankly a lot of it was disappointing. The first 20 minutes was their CEO rambling on about various things like Concerts and Movies he liked. He really dominated the conversation, but finally they got to some discussion on these new Subs. They made the point of it numerous times that these were new "from the ground up", and not simply a rebrand like "other" OEMs do.

Obviously these are going to be unobtaniums for most folks (like me) at up to $3,000 USD, but I'll read the reviews (@shadyJ get going!) and drool. I'm still drooling over ShadyJ's Hsu Research VTF-TN1 15" Subwoofer Review which seems even more amazing at $1,200 USD!

I just need to win that dam lottery... ;)
Agreed. Hopefully SVs is over themselves after the review of the new towers. They should be getting some Subs to Shady post haste!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis