SVS customer service?

T

The Doc

Enthusiast
anyone have experience with them being slow to respond on questions of availablity? I checked with them about the availablity of a pb12ultra2 in a particular finish, was told it was available, placed the order, then few days later was told it might not be available. Would think they would have a better handle on their stock..email service was great before the purchase but after with questions on the status of the order they have been slow to respond.

M

Mort Corey

Senior Audioholic
The phone seems to be the best way in my limited experience.

Mort

T

The Doc

Enthusiast
I did try the phone..had called them in the morning, they said would get back to me in a few min..they never called back, i had to ring them again the following morning and changed the finish textue on the sub for one that was in stock or so they said. rep said it should ship today but as of yet...nothing.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
they have so many people ordering most probably. who were you talking to ... Erik? Ron? (Erik handles stuff like that, Ron handles the product applications)

look for Ron, tell him about your current situation, and he'll fix it up for you.

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
It's actually a pretty small operation. It sounds like they are having an issue getting hold of that cabinet you ordered. If they are putting you off, I'd surmise they are doing everything they can to expedite it to the shop. I met Stephan, an audio engineer who works at the HQ, and I'm sure they're on top of it. Obviously it's not in the warehouse, otherwise they would have sent it out.

Duffinator

Duffinator

Audioholic Field Marshall
That sounds a little odd to me. When I dealt with them they were right on top of my order. I have several emails with both Erik and Ron and some of the responses were within minutes of me sending them. Maybe they are going through some growing pains with all the business they have and now selling speakers along with the subs.

T

The Doc

Enthusiast
thanks for the feedback, the first time i emailed i did get a very fast reply when i was asking about availablity, i think that response was from ron. the email stated it only takes a few days for an order to ship out. So i placed the order and waited a few days, then sent an email asking for the status of the order which never did get a reply. All the phones were with Erik but it seemed like he wasnt sure what was available and when, thats when i asked Erik if i changed the finish on the sub would i get it faster and he said yah it be out on friday(feb3). There should be more connection between the shop and the customer service, So far i still dont know when it will ship or how long i should wait. anyone have experience on how long it takes them from time placing an order to the time they ship it?

erik

erik

Manufacturer
Hey Doc;

Normally we ship everything next business day. Unfortunately this last week the shop was working on a large export dealer order and it took them longer than they expected for them to finish it up. We started shipping customer orders on Friday (instead of Wednesday or Thursday like we had expected) and we should have all the backordered units out by Tuesday at the latest if not Monday. Doc since we had some miscommunication over your order please bounce me an email (erik@svsound.com) and I'll make sure we include a hat or t-shirt of your choice with the order as our way of saying sorry for the mix-up.

Erik K
SVS
erik@svsound.com

T

The Doc

Enthusiast
wow, didnt know he was a member of the forum..If that was explained to me during our phone conversation it would have made for better understanding, never having dealt with svs before i was unaware of their order processing times, i was only going on ron's statement of 3 days to process, Im probably a bit anxious on timing, or just overly excited.Trying to get all the equipment at the same time so i can all be installed on the same weekend.

N

Nick250

Audioholic Samurai
It is nice that erik responding here, but that's no excause for not returning phone calls and emails explaining what was going on even if they were real busy with a big order. I am sure they have good stuff, but it takes more than a tee shirt and hat to offset a lack of communications IMO.

R

RMK!

World Class Customer Service

Nick250 said:
It is nice that erik responding here, but that's no excause for not returning phone calls and emails explaining what was going on even if they were real busy with a big order. I am sure they have good stuff, but it takes more than a tee shirt and hat to offset a lack of communications IMO.

I believe he said "hat or t-shirt"

shokhead

shokhead

Audioholic General
Nick250 said:
Come on. There was a mistake,he's said there was and now he gets a great sub and a t-shirt or hat. Thats a hell of alot more then most places would do. Everybody screws up and SVS just doesnt do it very often.

N

Nick250

Audioholic Samurai
shokhead said:
Come on. There was a mistake,he's said there was and now he gets a great sub and a t-shirt or hat. Thats a hell of alot more then most places would do. Everybody screws up and SVS just doesnt do it very often.
I guess you have your standards and I have mine.

T

The Doc

Enthusiast
well sent erik another email this morning so will see if he replies back with any status information

T

The Doc

Enthusiast
Latest update has it possibly shipping today or tommorow, but with each update it seems to be pushed back a day or two each time..Might as well say it might ship today or it might ship in 2 weeks.lol

T

The Doc

Enthusiast
Guess they finally caught up on their backorders, my order finally shipped out.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis