SVS 20-39 Pci ....Yes or No on buying used

Spiffyfast

Spiffyfast

Audioholic General
Well, I think I settled on this sub to purchase just not sure if I how I want to get it. There is currently one listed on www.audiogon.com used, but its two years old and they are asking $500 for it. Anyone know how long the average life on a HT sub is? I know it should be fine and last a lot longer than that but this is a pretty large purchase for me. Too bad audioholics members don't get a discount on svs products, well unless I win that drawing going on, too bad I'm wanting to order it next week so itll be already for my new loft. Arggg...decisions decisions Anyways, whats everyones thought, to buy used or not to buy used

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
I would buy new. SVS made improvements to the driver and that unit will most likely use the older one.

SheepStar

tomd51

tomd51

Audioholic General
Little high...

That seems a little pricey for a used 20-39 PCi. I purchased mine last Aug. and with shipping from OH to GA, the total was $629. If it truly is only 2 years old, I'm not sure if it would have the newer drivers or not. Considering the owner isn't shipping, you should be able to get it for less.

For a $130 difference, I would purchase a new one and considering 70% of my equipment is used, that should tell you my mind-set on buying used and new... -TD

D

deftech

Junior Audioholic
I bought one slightly used and am thrilled with it. Got a very good deal, the guy who sold it to me took good care of it. I drove 85 miles to pick it up but it was well worth it.....

tomd51

tomd51

Audioholic General
I would definitely consider buying used, however the price of this particular unit should be a bit lower considering the comparative cost of a new 20-39 PCi... -TD

patnshan

patnshan

Senior Audioholic
I agree, that price is way too high. I can get that sub new to my house for $626 I think.

Pat

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Too high. You could get a b-stock from SVS for about that price...(if they had any).

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis