J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General
I am finally getting around to setting up my ht in my new home...

I am planning to run 7.2 channels. For rears/sidesI have a few options. I have a pair of wall mount dipoles by MB Quart and a pair pair of Polk lower end book shelves. So should I put put the dipoles on the sides and the bookshelves in the rear? Not sure... I also have a matching center for the polka so I could run a 6.2. Any suggestions. I have also considered buying 2 pairs of the small Cambridge audio s30's from accessories for less to have all 4 rears be matching...not sure it is worth the money for the rears.

I am open for suggestions.

Thanks

Jeff

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
I am finally getting around to setting up my ht in my new home...

I am planning to run 7.2 channels. For rears/sidesI have a few options. I have a pair of wall mount dipoles by MB Quart and a pair pair of Polk lower end book shelves. So should I put put the dipoles on the sides and the bookshelves in the rear? Not sure... I also have a matching center for the polka so I could run a 6.2. Any suggestions. I have also considered buying 2 pairs of the small Cambridge audio s30's from accessories for less to have all 4 rears be matching...not sure it is worth the money for the rears.

I am open for suggestions.

Thanks

Jeff
I know rears are not that important to most. I am a firm believer in a good rear sound stage. If you never listened to a good rear end it's one thing, but if you do listen to a good rear sound stage you would change your mind for sure. Now if you would ever run 4 subs 2 wouldn't get it anymore. Most are running 2 subs and are very content.

J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General
So would you use full range speakers, bipole or dipole....

G

gary walker

Audiophyte
I would use the dipoles as sie surrounds and try the Polks for rears.
I've used dipole surrounds for side surrounds for years and am very pleased with the effect. You probably want the rears to be more directional.
As for using the Polks as rear surrounds, why not try it and see if your satisfied before buying new speakers ?

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
For now I would have to agree with Gary. Play around and see what sounds best to you. Your figuration is what I would do too for now. I have went through so many rear configurations over the years. Still working on my present one. I live in a small apartment (12X12) living room with one wall open to the kitchen,so it's not easy to set up a 7 speaker system. I had a few different setup for my rears, but am going back to 7 speakers, I do think I got it figured out. Besides my rear couch is against the wall.

This is what I am working with now. There are still 2 of the same surrounds coming and 2 18" passive subs. Am I in trouble with my wife or what? Would like to mount the rears, but at 62# it's not an easy task, besides I don't want to ruin the beautiful paint job.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis