Surround Speakers for Onkyo TX-NR 3030 AV Receiver

S

Sam7777777

Audiophyte
Hi,

I have a query and hope you can suggest me. I bought Onkyo TX-NR 3030 AV receiver but I am confused about the speakers!
Where I live I have only option with Speakers. I can buy ONLY the JAMO speakers and Sub Woofer. I want to setup 7.4.2 surround system for experiencing Dolby Atmos in my entertainment room.

Which one you suggest for me when my room is 3 meter wide and 5 meter long, concrete ceiling, walls and tiles floor. I really don't want extreme loud sound but I want extreme deep Bass effect even in low sound. I watch movies mostly, I do not have any idea which speaker model to choose but the sales guy suggested me option below:
Jamo C 809 speakers (front) + C 807 speakers (rear) + C 80 center speaker + sub woofer C 360 + 2 Onkyo Dolby Atmos speakers.

Please suggest. Many thanks.

Many thanks.
Sam

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
Hi! Welcome to the AH Forum.
I want to setup 7.4.2 surround system for experiencing Dolby Atmos in my entertainment room.
Among the options for Atoms speaker placement, the better movie experience will be if you can ceiling mount 4 speakers, to get this setup,

IMO, any option that involves bouncing the sound off the ceiling will hurt the main speaker sound. I advise against anything like this,

I really don't want extreme loud sound but I want extreme deep Bass effect even in low sound. I watch movies mostly, I do not have any idea which speaker model to choose but the sales guy suggested me option below:
Jamo C 809 speakers (front) + C 807 speakers (rear) + C 80 center speaker + sub woofer C 360 + 2 Onkyo Dolby Atmos speakers.
I suggest getting front speakers one level down and spending more on the subwoofer. If the Onkyo Atmos speakers are the type that sit on top of the main speakers, get rid of them (see above for why).

B

Big Jake

Junior Audioholic
I'm a little surprised that people still buy Onkyo, or that they've never had a problem one.

I'm beginning to feel as though I got a couple back to back lemons.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis