Surround speaker choices

C

ciotime

Audioholic
Hi recently upgraded my front speakers from bookshelves to towers. Setup is 7.1.4. Both my side and rear surrounds are B&W DS6 S3 which can be adjusted from Dipole to Monopole mode.

1) Would it be better to use the extra bookshelves that I have now for the sides or rear surrounds and replace one of the DS6 S3? Or since they are functioning only as surrounds it doesn't really matter? The bookshelves have 6" woofers while the DS6 S3 is only a 5" woofer. Plus the bookshelves go down to about 55hz while the DS6 S3 only goes down to 85Hz.

2) Also I think it's better to use Direct radiating/Monopole speakers compared to Dipole speakers for a Dolby Atmos setup right?

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I think with Atmos direct radiating speakers are recommended and best? I'm not an expert with Atmos though.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

C

ciotime

Audioholic
If there's really not a noticeable difference then I guess better to just use the DS6 S3 as they are on wall with less hassle to install. Plus they don't stick out as much compared to the bookshelves. Below is a picture of them both. The DS6 on the sides and the bookshelves on the rear's. I was thinking of taking out the bookshelves but can't decide on where to put the DS6 and the Dali on wall. If the sides are more important than the rears then the Dali's will be on the sides.

HT1.jpeg

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis