K

kiwiweyl

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>
&nbsp;i am new to home theater i just set up a 5.1system my question is in regards to rear channel speakers, should i get surround sound out of them from all input sources or just from the dvds that are surround........im not getting sound out of my rear channel when watching tv or listening to the tuner and dont know if i have my settings wrong or this is normal........thanks for any input ...steve</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
<font color='#000000'>You get rear speakers only from surround sound enabled sources, like DVDs, VHS and certain television programs. To get this, your receiver must a) support some form of surround sound (dolby digital or dolby pro logic, for example) and b) you must have the signal correctly sent to the reciver (DVD player sends via digital coax or optical (these are recommended for best sound), VHS and television through stereo RCAs).</font>

K

kiwiweyl

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>
thanks, i understand now, been an audiophile my whole life always using electrostatic panels, tube amps and subs im really enjoying this home theater thing though its a new learning thing.......... thanks again.steve</font>

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis