surround sound tweeking

B

Bubba2

Audiophyte
Wondering if anyone has a MFX-450 receiver by Magnavox. I would like to know the setting they use for the speakers. :)

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Bubba2 said:
Wondering if anyone has a MFX-450 receiver by Magnavox. I would like to know the setting they use for the speakers. :)

What setting in specifically are you looking for?
Level matching to other channels?

B

Bubba2

Audiophyte
surround sound

Looking for the setting for each speaker volume balance, bass and treble and subwoffer. I have it set up for digital surround sound. Thought the sound last night watching House and Boston Legal in HD was great. Just curious as to what some one else had it set up.
Thanks!

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Bubba2 said:
Looking for the setting for each speaker volume balance, bass and treble and subwoffer. I have it set up for digital surround sound. Thought the sound last night watching House and Boston Legal in HD was great. Just curious as to what some one else had it set up.
Thanks!

OK, now I get the picture.

It is a useless comparison as each setup most likely will have a slightly different number dialed in. If you used an SPL meter and a test signal, internal or external DVD to level match, nothing else really matters.

What would a setting of 0, +1, +1, -1, -3, -2 tell you? Hopefully, nothing. Irrelevant what someone else has in his setup, your disagree?

B

Bubba2

Audiophyte
surround sound

Thanks for the response.
I see your point. My problem is I don't have any friends who have gone with HD TV and surround sytems to compare. I am very please with my HD picture and sound quality so I guess that is all that counts!
Thanks again

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Bubba2 said:
Thanks for the response.
I see your point. My problem is I don't have any friends who have gone with HD TV and surround sytems to compare. I am very please with my HD picture and sound quality so I guess that is all that counts!
Thanks again

What I would recommend is investing in the Radio Shack analog spl meter, a calibration DVD, that way you can properly calibrate the Tv and level match all your audio channels so with a known test level, they are at the same volume.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis