Surround Sound Demo DVD

H

h18ant

Audiophyte
Hi guys,

Just joined your forum. There's loads of great info here which I'm finding really helpful. I was wondering if someone can point me in the right direction to get hold of the demo DVD that I have read about (20 discs or so). Thanks for your help!

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
there are many demo dvd's out there... the DTS demo discs are good. Check ebay, they have plenty.

H

h18ant

Audiophyte
Thanks for your reply, I was after the one that I could download, I have seen it mentioned on this site quite a few times?

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
Most anything that you can download is most likely not legal since most demo discs take clips from movies/music and games i.e. copyrighted material.

S

satish536

Audioholic
you can download some of the DTS demo discs from torrents. But they will be slow as there are limited seeders.

Im in canada and downloading anything as far as i know is legal here .

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I've downloaded some of the online ones before, and they aren't all that spectacular.

S

satish536

Audioholic
the ones you download are mostly older DTS demo discs. After all it is free !;)

The recent ones are available on Ebay.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I have an original copy of the dts demo disc #9 and it sounds awesome, but the ones that are downloaded must have lost something in the transfer, because they just don't have that punch to them... I don't know, maybe it's just me.

S

satish536

Audioholic
I have an original copy of the dts demo disc #9 and it sounds awesome, but the ones that are downloaded must have lost something in the transfer, because they just don't have that punch to them... I don't know, maybe it's just me.
If your downloading the correct DVD it should be an exact bit to bit identical to the original as they are ripped from the original dvd to an image file.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
If your downloading the correct DVD it should be an exact bit to bit identical to the original as they are ripped from the original dvd to an image file.
I know, which is why I was very surprised it didn't sound so good. Oh well, I still own plenty of movies that will show off my system, just not all on one disc.

johnb554

johnb554

Audioholic
I have a torrent file for a surround test DVD.

it is recorded in both DTS surround and Dolby Pro Logic and you can choose wich one you would like from the dvd menu. It is an ISO file and it is about 1.5 gigs. I have downloaded and burned it and it seems to work fine. if anyone is interested, i can e mail them the torrent file. just send me an e-mail asking me for it.

the_evil_john554@shaw.ca

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis