O

obgmugen

Audiophyte
Hello everyone. I'll try to be as to-the-point as I can:

I have a 46" Samsung hdmi to Pioneer dvd player. An external hard drive hdmi's into the Samsng as well. Surround speakers connect to the dvd player. The speakers use a weird type of connector instead of composite jacks. I have included links for the photos.

Problem:The ONLY time the surround will kick in will be when the dvd player is playing something. When watching something from the external hard drive or TV ONLY, nothing comes out of the speakers even though the dvd is on. Tried playing with the volume control....doesnt make a difference. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks in advance!!!

tinypic.com/view.php?pic=n4xedc&s=8#.U-70AaPJMdU
tinypic.com/view.php?pic=n4xedc&s=8#.U-70_KPJMdV

Justinmb77

Justinmb77

Audiophyte
Hi there a quick question do you have an audio out from the TV to the DVD player/amp? if not you will need one

The HDMI is only one way so it outputs from the DVD to the TV so you will need to make sure you have an audio from the TV to the DVD/amp.

It could be a RCA cable red/white or optical cable depending on the connections and cables you have

Hope this helps Justin

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
For true surround sound, the source must me recorded in multi-channel mode. Generelly. movies or some concert videos are the only source that does that. Most music is recorded in two channels. All CD's are and only some (very few) SACDs are multi-channel.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis