Summit Wireless Technology Delivers Uncompromised Wireless HD Audio

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Summit Wireless is an audio integrated circuit solution that will be embedded in speakers, audio/video receivers, digital televisions, gaming devices, Blu-ray players, and set-top boxes, enabling them to broadcast high-definition surround sound wirelessly and simply. It has the potential to deliver where other wireless audio solutions have failed. It can be installed in less than 30 minutes and generates interference-free, low latency, uncompressed HD quality audio that today's A/V systems are capable of decoding. Summit seems ideally suited for the retrofit and retail markets opening the door for new business models while taking home theater experience to a new level.

Discuss "Summit Wireless Technology Delivers Uncompromised Wireless HD Audio" here. Read the article.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
This had me somewhat excited, then I realized that you have to buy speakers with this capability. You can't just plug their transducers into your existing set-up. Not only that, but each speaker needs to be plugged in to an outlet which limits speaker placement.

Not so great after all.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
copy/paste journalism

Wow, I'm really shocked....
First was rephrasing news releases and calling it "First Views", but this one was able to outdo even that trend....

I wonder what went thru Gene's mind then he was "writing" this "masterpiece":
Hmmm, How to I make extra buck from new site advertiser - Summit Wireless - Oh ! I know - Lets copy/paste some of their market materials (aka BS) and add to that my year old notes and photo - That should work and make a look like original material...

Yes, I know Gene/Clint/Tom and rest of well respected AH editors and publishers ARE very Busy people, but to improve the level of AH we need to improve the level of journalism. A bit more effort and creativity, rather than good ol' copy/paste method, will go a long way

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
This had me somewhat excited, then I realized that you have to buy speakers with this capability. You can't just plug their transducers into your existing set-up. Not only that, but each speaker needs to be plugged in to an outlet which limits speaker placement.

Not so great after all.
Until we can work out a reliable and efficient way to wirelessly transmit power to a remote location, yes you will need to provide electrical power to each speaker. If we can solve the RF power transmission issue, then we will be one step closer to true wireless speakers and harvesting fusion from HE-3 deposits on the moon and transmitting the energy to Earth so we can get off the polluting and environmentally destructive fossil fuels we are so dependent on :)

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
It's not a review - it's just an FYI piece on the tech... I believe Gene has a more in-depth piece coming
Too technical review for us - Audioholics? I don't believe such thing exists in the nature and If the product is all what they say it is - I'm very excited about it.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Until we can work out a reliable and efficient way to wirelessly transmit power to a remote location, yes you will need to provide electrical power to each speaker. If we can solve the RF power transmission issue, then we will be one step closer to true wireless speakers and harvesting fusion from HE-3 deposits on the moon and transmitting the energy to Earth so we can get off the polluting and environmentally destructive fossil fuels we are so dependent on :)
I would be much more excited about this if they would just sell the transducers and processor so that you could adapt it to your current system.

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
I would be much more excited about this if they would just sell the transducers and processor so that you could adapt it to your current system.
+1, I have now interest in going out and buying new gear.

HookedOnSound

HookedOnSound

Full Audioholic
Thumbs down

I really can't see this being practical or economical. I can only foresee limited adoption.

If I understand correctly, audio signaling is via wireless but amplification is independent by a power source most likely being attached to an 120V outlet close to the speakers?

At least with wired applications, installing cabling for low-voltage application is way cheaper and safer than getting professionally installed 120V outlets at desired speaker locations. Unless you can beam power via wireless, technically all existing wireless speaker solutions are hybrid setup anyways...

I can't see how discrete wireless signalling and power amplification units for each separate speaker is logical, especially in a 7.1 surround sound system.

Not to mention recessed speakers into the wall and ceiling applications are becoming more popular.

In my opinion. copper wiring still trumps in most cases.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis