pdxrealtor

pdxrealtor

Audioholic Intern
I'm looking for a new home after AVS neutered their interface in favor of Google compatible <acronym title="vBulletin">VB</acronym> software.

I really like the version of <acronym title="vBulletin">VB</acronym> you have, most notably the pic uploader. However I noticed the size is extremely limited, which makes it hard to do build threads with tons of pictures, or just quickly upload a couple pics without re-sizing them.

You can not upload multiple images at once either, which I know is possible with other forums that use the same software.

Also, the auto rotate feature must not be enabled, because some of my pics come out sideways.

Is there a preumium account I can pay for that will lift the size limits on individual pictures?

Any chance of getting auto orientate active so pictures always are uploaded right side up?

I also know there is an available feature that auto updates posts in real time. Any chance of getting that activated?

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Just use a 3rd party image host, and embed your images with bbcode. Imgur, photobucket, tinypic, all > attaching directly to post. I prefer Imgur. I don't think it'll auto rotate per EXIF data, but it does have an online editor you can use to rotate your pics manually very easily.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
what Rojo said for photos in post.
As for AVS there are plenty of reasons why I would never be active there (nothing to do with forum software) - it's threads with 200+ pages which at last pages regulars would get riled up if GOD FORBID you missed a post on page 87 and ask same question again.

pdxrealtor

pdxrealtor

Audioholic Intern
As I just explained to Fuzz in another post -

a couple things. It's just one more step that I feel is unnecessary. I could just re-size them on my computer if I wanted to take extra steps. The other problem with image hosting sites is your pictures end up disappearing after a period of time.

The plus side is you own your content, but that's never been an issue for me.

The uploader here now can be so very powerful. I was hoping there was a pay option or desire from others to get more of its features enabled. I understand space costs money so the size thing makes sense, but auto rotate shouldn't be an issue.

I don't know. New here so just trying to see the possible potential. :)

pdxrealtor

pdxrealtor

Audioholic Intern
Oh ya, AVS.... it gets interesting and even I have to admit I've had a bad night over there. The shack has it's feel too. I can blend with about anything but man when you get used to all the nice features and then they're gone it sucks!

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Another vote for imgur. Really easy to use. Doubtful if it'll ever disappear :)

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Agreed. You can only manage your most recent 225 uploaded pics unless you get a paid subscription, but older pics remain even with a free account. I've got pics hosted by Imgur posted on message boards that have remained in place for years. They only disappear if you intentionally delete them.

If you'd like an easy way to batch rotate an entire directory of pics to match the EXIF rotation, check out JPEG Lossless Rotator. You can select-all in a folder, right-click the selected blob, and choose "Automatically rotate", and it'll handle the extra step for hundreds of pics if you wish with only 2 clicks.

OP, I see where you're coming from though. It'd be a nice feature for a premium membership. A feature I wish were available is the ability to edit posts indefinitely. The 12-hour limit is frustrating sometimes, and makes it impossible to keep how-to guides updated. We can dream, though. :)

pdxrealtor

pdxrealtor

Audioholic Intern
Agreed. You can only manage your most recent 225 uploaded pics unless you get a paid subscription, but older pics remain even with a free account. I've got pics hosted by Imgur posted on message boards that have remained in place for years. They only disappear if you intentionally delete them.

If you'd like an easy way to batch rotate an entire directory of pics to match the EXIF rotation, check out JPEG Lossless Rotator. You can select-all in a folder, right-click the selected blob, and choose "Automatically rotate", and it'll handle the extra step for hundreds of pics if you wish with only 2 clicks.

OP, I see where you're coming from though. It'd be a nice feature for a premium membership. A feature I wish were available is the ability to edit posts indefinitely. The 12-hour limit is frustrating sometimes, and makes it impossible to keep how-to guides updated. We can dream, though. :)
I was just thinking when reading your 2nd paragraph that all of your suggestions are great, and appreciated, but they're just not necessary if the full capabilities of the forum here were implemented.

Then I read your last paragraph. :)

I do, all, appreciate the suggestions. I was just hoping I could pay to get some of the features. I hate not being able to edit too. It makes how to and build threads real hard. They do that to keep the content locked down.

And what's up with the lack of live update??

Anyways.....

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I went into ADMIN to make some tweaks. You can now upload 10 images per post instead of 5. The images are already set to auto resize so file size shouldn't be an issue. I don't see the option to auto-correct orientation though.

pdxrealtor

pdxrealtor

Audioholic Intern
Hey Gene- whatever you did must be 'kicking in' because right now I can't upload any pictures. It just freezes during the upload process. But I can tell you that I still can't select multiple pictures at time. So.... I open the attachment window, go to upload pictures which opens up a window displaying files on my computer. At this point I navigate to my pictures and I should be able to select multiple pictures using the control button or by just highlighting them all, then click upload. Bam, pictures should be uploaded. I will wait for a bit to see what happens.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
test images

front.jpgbassaholic-master-extreme.jpegright side.jpgAnimated Gif RM System.gif

Appears to be working fine for me.

pdxrealtor

pdxrealtor

Audioholic Intern
AAAAA.JPGAAAAAAA.JPG

Working for me now too. I uploaded what I am talking about. The first picture takes me to the second picture where typically with a VB uploader like this you can select multiple pictures at one time on your computer, then click OK, then 'Add Files'.

So with the post max limit of ten, I should be able to select 10 photos, add them, and be done without having to click the 'add files' button 10 times.

Does that make sens?

pdxrealtor

pdxrealtor

Audioholic Intern
And, I just tested uploading of an iPhone photo that is 2.47 MB. Moved it to the desktop thinking maybe it was a iphone issue. No dice. The uploader just tells me the upload failed, I'm assuming because of the file size.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Make sure you use the "Manage Attachments" option below the editor and not the insert image icon above the editor.

pdxrealtor

pdxrealtor

Audioholic Intern
Gotcha. Im on my ipad now, and can seem to get a large image but can't insert it. I'll have to verify when I get back home.

Attachments

pdxrealtor

pdxrealtor

Audioholic Intern
Oh, it worked. I did it from the attachment icon above the editor too. Maybe this pic is smaller because its from my photo stream. Ill try the manage attachment method when I get back. Thanks, Gene.

pdxrealtor

pdxrealtor

Audioholic Intern
Same deal, even using the manage attachments below the text editor vs. the paperclip icon in the text editor. Both ways yield this-

Attachments

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis