Thirsty93

Thirsty93

Audioholic
I currently use a Yamaha RX-V2400 With a B&K Components Reference ST 125.2 Series 2 Power A Amplifier.I have Nht 2.5 speakers for l,r,(powered by the b&kamp)and audio center one center and 1.5 for my rears.the center and rears are powered with the Yamaha.I use a SA3 amp that powers my sub.i want to upgrade to either a pre /amp combo or just buy a av receiver.my budget is around 1500-2000.ive looked at new marantz,nad,and rotel stuff.Any advice or suggestions on brands?

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
No brainer; get a Yamaha RX-A3020. Plenty of power (165W per channel), reliable brand, features, I/O flexibility and good looks. That is if you want to consolidate everything into 1 integrated unit. If not, you can still keep the B&K and add even more power. Just one mans opinion. Good luck whatever you decide.

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
Yamaha makes a fine product, but I would have to go with an Anthem MRX in this price range.

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
No brainer; get a Yamaha RX-A3020. Plenty of power (165W per channel), reliable brand, features, I/O flexibility and good looks. That is if you want to consolidate everything into 1 integrated unit. If not, you can still keep the B&K and add even more power. Just one mans opinion. Good luck whatever you decide.
With the OP's budget, that is what I would buy right now, too. And because it is last year's model, one can get it for only $1300 from an authorized dealer:

Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A3020 9.2-channel home theater receiver with Apple AirPlay® at Crutchfield.com

That is a great deal.

R

ReUpRo

Full Audioholic
At this price, it boils down to the features you need and personal preferences. Another one to look into, Denon X4000.

In before ADTG :D.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
At this price, it boils down to the features you need and personal preferences. Another one to look into, Denon X4000.

In before ADTG :D.
Why....you....

Weekends don't count. Too many movies and shows on my XBMC to watch. Parties to attend. Beverages and foods to consume. :D

But seriously, I own the Denon AVP-A1HDCI and AVR-5308CI. And if I were doing it all over again, I would just get a Denon X4000 and call it a day.

It has all those thingies that I always mention..... You know....... Those things.. :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis