suniltgeorge

Junior Audioholic
From these brands
Klipsch
Focal
B&W
B&O
dr dre beats
bose (im jus puttin it there i hate them cus theyr overpriced)

u may add from ur known brands also

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
None of those come to mind when it comes to phones to me, especially Bose and Beats

Try these:

Sennheiser
Grado
Shure
AKG

Last edited:
J

jcl

Senior Audioholic
Beyerdynamic
Hifiman
Audeze
Stax

Are some more brands to consider

G

Gordon20Hz

Enthusiast
From these brands
Klipsch
Focal
B&W
B&O
dr dre beats
bose (im jus puttin it there i hate them cus theyr overpriced)

u may add from ur known brands also
Westone - proud owner :)
Sleek Audio

Both offer custom monitors and in-ear. My Favorite thing about them is the easily removable cable! The weak point of any headphone.

T

TheUntrainedEar

Audiophyte
About 6 years ago I got the Shure E4c (the equivalent of today's SE425). I loved the quality of the sound, and of course the sound isolation was great for my commute on Chicago's mass-transit systems. The only drawback (other than the price) was that they broke very consistently. After almost exactly one year the wire began to tear. Not visibly, but you could hear the audio cutting out of one earpice at a time. I had them replaced under warranty, only to have the same thing happen one year later. Fortunately ths replacement pair was replaced under the 2-year warranty, but after this third set also gave up after one year, I tried something else.

I replaced those with the Westone 1. The sound quality is not quite as good as the Shure model, although it's still above average. Most importantly, after 3 years they still work great. I don't know if it's because they use the twisted cable, or if they're just sturdier, but they show no signs of cable tear. It's making me wish I had gone straight to a higher-end model right away, as I bet the Westone 3 or 4 has the sound quality more similar to my Shure E4c. The other great thing about those is that they use the same tips as Shure. I recommend Shure's black foam tips for the best mix of sound isolation/comfort.

Gordon had a good point though. Now they make these with replacable cables, so if you don't mind replacing the cable every so often, maybe the Shure's will work for you.

Sorry if that's a bit long-winded, but hopefully it helps.

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
What is your budget? What do you mean by "best"? Do you want custom ear mold type or off the shelf? What is the primary use (critical listening/stage monitor/travel/etc.)?

D

dawgincontrol

Audiophyte
After some research, I settled on the BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones which are a clone of the Fischer Audio FA-003. Excellent quality with included extra ear pads.

Hard to beat for the price, which is an important part you left out.

S

suniltgeorge

Junior Audioholic
Well yes I forgot to mention the price factor .. since more spend not more than 100$ on headphones by which if its 100 $ or below it's defiantly inear etc .. plus I dno y I find inear so much better than over head .. I felt the klipsh s4 *** ****ed the Dr dre beats over heads which was like a hello lot more expensive . Wen I said best meant the best possible for the price .. not actually thrwin it out there cus there is a wide deletion in that case . Not custom made n all jus brand n model wise eg klipsh s4 in ear

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis