Suggestions for full size/on-ear headphones? (£40-£60)

King Mustard

King Mustard

Enthusiast
I play online first person shooters.

I was looking for a gaming headset for £40-£60 and I can get the Corsair HS60 Pro for £45 (usually £65) on Amazon UK, as it's Black Friday week.

However, since I already have a standalone microphone, I don't really need a headset.

I imagine the sound quality from standalone headphones for £40-£60 would be much higher than that of gaming headsets in the same price range.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Wireless suggestions are fine - as long as there's practically zero latency.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
AKG K240 Studio. Pretty decent and affordable but they are opened back. I have a pair and they are pretty good but I prefer my Grado SR60s. Good luck.

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
I think closed are better for gaming, aren't they?

Especially for games like PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds, where hearing footsteps is important?
Actually open back are better for positional sound. How ever they will leak sound and others around you will hear what you hear if you play on louder volume as well you will hear things around you.

King Mustard

King Mustard

Enthusiast
I think I've found my main options:

eb_4060hp-1.png

Any thoughts on the above?

EDIT: Sennheiser HD 4.30 has an RRP of £90, not £70.

Last edited:
King Mustard

King Mustard

Enthusiast
I would rule the Corsair out. With Sennheiser/AKG it is pretty much about preference.
I have no idea what I'm looking for, so I've added some extra details below.

I don't know what frequency nor impedance mean to the quality of the sound.

Any suggestions/thoughts?

eb_4060hp-3.png

Last edited:
HTfreak2004

HTfreak2004

Senior Audioholic
I play online first person shooters.

I was looking for a gaming headset for £40-£60 and I can get the Corsair HS60 Pro for £45 (usually £65) on Amazon UK, as it's Black Friday week.

However, since I already have a standalone microphone, I don't really need a headset.

I imagine the sound quality from standalone headphones for £40-£60 would be much higher than that of gaming headsets in the same price range.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Wireless suggestions are fine - as long as there's practically zero latency.
From my experience with Turtle Beach Gaming headset you get full surround which is great for 1st person shooter games. I could hear footsteps and the direction they came from.

Using headphones not equipped with surround sound would take that advantage away.

The Corsair Hs60 pro has 7.1. Perhaps the mic is removable so you can use your current mic. Looks like a decent pair. My Turtle Beach set was 320.00 Canadian a few years back but awesome

:)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis