Suggestions for Apple TV

G

giacona

Audioholic Intern
I am looking for some suggestions regarding an apple TV box., It looks like the newest models are 1440 and my TV is on the older side (Panasonic VT25 Plasma) is only 1080P. Is it best for me to look for an older generation of apple TV since I don't plan to upgrade to a 4K tv anytime soon? Also can anyone confirm if apple TV works with Kodi and or APK's? Thanks!

A

amidr

Audiophyte
Kodi is an open-source media player that can help you enjoy tons of movies, TV shows, and other content. It's compatible with a lot of devices, like Windows, Smart TVs, gaming consoles, and Apple TV. If you do not plan to upgrade, you can go with the older one.

Follower

Follower

Audiophyte
I have only 1080p TVs, and have no issues running any new Apple TV 4K set to output 1080p. (You can even chose to output 720p from them if you wish.)

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Warlord
I just bought a first gen(oops thought it was 2nd) ATV 4K and it’s connected to a Marantz AVR and then to 1080p plasma tv. Works excellent. The remote even learned to control the volume on my AVR on its own. I would get a newer one just for the better chip.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis