suggestion for in ears better thab klipsch s4 image

S

suniltgeorge

Junior Audioholic
Question is as the title :) oh and it should be at a price range of below 100 dollars or 100 Or slightly above :) brands can be good well known renown brands or if klipsch is the best pic for this range plz tel me too :)

Nemo128

Nemo128

Audioholic Field Marshall
Image S4 is always considered one of the best models for under $100. The newest version apparently is more durable, has a better cable which is flat, and a smaller fit for greater comfort.

I have not experienced them personally, but one competitor to look into would be Etymotic mc5. I can tell you that the Etymotics are great for noise isolation in my experience with the only problem being their microphonics. I mostly solved mine with a shirt clip. I might buy the Klipsch Image S4 and will report my impressions if I do. I lost my Etymotics and it might be time to try something new.

zhimbo

zhimbo

Audioholic General
Sub $100, the Klipsch S4 are my pick. Ultimate Ears have some pretty darn good in-ears in that range. They have considerably better noise isolation than the Klipsch, too. But I prefer the sound of the Klipsch, the UE are quite bassy (which some people would like, I guess). But that's at best a lateral move, not an improvement.

zhimbo

zhimbo

Audioholic General
Oh, the Klipsch X-10 (but not the X-10i) have been pretty deeply discounted recently. I've seen them at about $90 in December. Right now Amazon has them for a little over $100. I haven't actually tried them, but that seems like a darn good deal. These might want a headphone amp depending on how you're using them, judging from the impedance graphs on Headroom.

J

jcl

Senior Audioholic
I was looking into getting new IEMs last year. It seems that there's a lot of progress in the area of IEMs so you probably want to do your own research to find out what is the best now. What was good a few years ago isn't the bargain it once was today. One bit of advice is that the tips can make or break the fit, and thus the sound. Doing research you'll often find people have issues with the stock tips but have better luck with with alternate ones.

I haven't heard them but I've read a lot of good things about the HifiMAN re-0's. They're on clearance now for $49. Head-Direct - Products

Creative Aurvana is another one that you might look into as they sound decent and have some good discounts.

Etymotics are great for isolation, but bass is not their strong point. I like them, but there are plenty of others who do not.

Nemo128

Nemo128

Audioholic Field Marshall
Etymotics are great for isolation, but bass is not their strong point. I like them, but there are plenty of others who do not.
Completely true, even their top model doesn't go very deep into the bass frequencies. I defly can say the cheaper Klipsch I've heard do better there (not Image S4, not sure of model) so I bet the higher models are better as well.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis