Subwoofers are now automobiles: what sub is which car?

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
My dad has a 2018 x3 M40i and 2018 M240i loaded and I like the interface fine. Little annoyances. Compared to my older and less loaded Toyota’s the interface is more confusing but only because my infotainment system is so basic. His GPS is significantly better. Mine is unusable. My mom has a 2019 Subaru Forester. It’s nice but it’s just not as well thought out. Some aspects of the interface are simpler to use but only because it is so much less capable. Her GPS is also not the best.
Those X3 M40is are so sweet. Too bad our 2017 x35i M-sport has only 10K miles on it, making a trade too costly, or I'd get one. In white with the brown leather, just like our current one.

I never used a Chevy with a modern infotainment system so I guess I can’t compare. I hadn’t read anything to suggest it was good. I have used the Cadillac CUE system and it not only seems to be near universally panned but I found it awful. It was slow and locked up, hard to find commands. I would have assumed they were related systems. Maybe the newest ones are better.
To be honest, since I'm not a fan of GM cars, I was surprised too. A touch screen and a completely intuitive interface, especially for satellite radio (which is free on every Hertz GM car). I've read the same things you have about CUE.

I'm looking at a new car now and I want something nicer than what I’ve had. I have looked at the Audi A4/S4 and the A6, equivalent BMW’s, the new Genesis G70 3.3T, Lexus GS, etc. The infotainment and sound system are one of my concerns and so far I still think I like the BMW best (though the Genesis has the best sound system I’ve tried).

A Tesla Model 3 or S are both sort of on my list but. It all that seriously. It would have to be used and I haven’t been wowed enough to take on the life of an electric car.
IMO, the Audis are only acceptable when S-type models. Standard Audis remind me of old Buicks. The S4 is really nice, but big and pricey. The S3 is an okay road car, but the back seat is small and it has traverse engine architecture, which makes handling suck. I'm a big fan of BMWs, but a lot about them annoys me. Like the requirement that dealers replace batteries (at about $500 a pop) because the drivetrain control system adjusts charging current to battery age, and apparently only a dealer can reset it. An M2 Competition is attracting me lately, but I'm getting tired of blowing so much money on cars. Anything Lexus puts me to sleep.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis