Subwoofer newbie question

Toy

Toy

Audioholic Intern
4AE0BE7E-0C52-4E02-ADD4-498E4E4BA985.png

FAF90544-409B-4941-8317-60C8F15C8299.jpeg
I have a Str-DH550 avr (5.2) and two PSW10. In the AVR there’s two Sub out connections and in the subs they only have Line in connections. (Pictures added)

My question is, am I fine connecting a male to two male Ysplitter? Or what do you recommend me doing instead.

9A59B818-EB0E-435B-BA62-848081165DE9.jpeg

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Are you referring to using both connections on the subs? That won’t do anything but raise the input sensitivity so I wouldn’t bother with that. Just run two sub cables. One to each sub. Choose left or right. It won’t matter.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Also dial the low pass filter to max value on the subs when using your avr's bass management; sometimes one of the sub inputs will be designated LFE to do this automatically, but turning it up to max value is a good precaution (I briefly looked at a manual and it had two connection methods and one was an LFE input your sub doesn't have....that may have been a different incarnation of the PSW10 than you've got). As William said, there is usually a 6dB gain advantage if using both L/R inputs on a sub, but unless you're having issues with low signal from your avr, but this shouldn't be a worry with most.

Toy

Toy

Audioholic Intern
I appreciate the information and quick replies from William and lovinthehd. I’m going ahead and doing it like William has stated using a straight male to male subwoofer cable and choosing the L/R input on my sub.

E

elf1

Enthusiast
I am new to the subwoofer world and can use some advice on connecting two Rythmik L12. The subs are for music only. I want to connect to old Audio Research SP6 preamp and from there to power amp. My question is this. Do I connect one sub to left channel of preamp and the other sub to the right channel? Is there a better way to make the connection?
Thanks for any advice
Ed

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis