Subwoofer kicks in and out

E

ebw6674

Audiophyte
I have an older Sherwood sub that has always kicked in and out during use, particularly when watching movies. It will come in "late" in an action sequence for instance and then kicks out before all they exploding and crashing is over. When watching something with music, like Rockstar Supernova, it will come on after the first few beats of the kick drum and then fall off before the end of the song.

I've tried the complete range on its internal crossover, but it doesn't seem to matter. Any ideas?

Erik

T

tejax

Audioholic Intern
Try to increase the level of the "subwoofer out" of your receiver/processor.

A

aarond

Full Audioholic
also try the "on" position instead of "auto" on the sub

majorloser

majorloser

Most of the time is the "Auto Power" feature. Turn the switch to "ON".

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I vote for raising the voltage at the receiver, or use a Y splitter if it has dual (R&L) inputs.

bmccord

bmccord

Audioholic
Depending on the model of sub, mine did the same thing and it was the auto-on function. It "kicked" on right at the start of a scene but requires a second or so for the amp to click on, thus having a delay. It would also tend to "fall asleep" during quiet periods. I Just got a big Monster power Dist pack and it has a switched bank of 110v that is triggered by the receiver (via a phono type plug). That way the sub is always on when the receiver is, problem solved. If it is not that, read above.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis