M

mkv15

Audiophyte
Subwoofer issue(Setting, boomy and dB level dip)

Please help with subwoofer issue. after doing the LF scan(using 75dB as my level point, i have a peak at 45Hz and two dips at ~60Hz and ~75Hz. I was able to lower the peak to almost level by adjusting the PEQ on the back of the subwoofer. but my two dips gotten worst, the dip is now -15dB and -20dB below the level point.

Here is the setup:
Denon 4306 A/V receiver: Speakers are set to small; Subwoofer mode-LFE; Crossover Freq-Front>90Hz, center>110Hz, LFE>110Hz
Paradigm Millenia 200 for FR and FL
Paradigm Millenia 20 for Center
Onkyo rear speaker(will be replace with Millenia ADP when available)
SVS PB12 Plus/2
OPPO OPDV971H

Question 1: what does the dips cause in term of sound performance? Question 3: what can i do to get the dips back up to an acceptable level?( i have moved the beast to the left corner with similar result)
Question 2: Are my crossover Freq setting correct? based on millenia spec: the millenia 200 FreqR down to 87+-2, 20 FreqR is down to 110+-2.

Thanks for the help,
Mike

BTW: Please ignore the white sheet cover, lady of the house rule, unless we have guests.

Attachments

Last edited:
Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
It looks like the room is the problem. Those ceilings sure are high.

JoeE SP9

JoeE SP9

Senior Audioholic
You have a room related problem. The cheapest solution is to position the sub where the peaks and dips are minimized. You will have to experiment with this. Sometimes using 2 smaller subs placed asymmetrically can help with your problem.:cool:

AVRat

AVRat

Audioholic Ninja
You should use the DIN spec that Paradigm uses for X-over reference points. I’d set the 200s at 60Hz and the 20s at 80Hz. These settings should help your dips at 60Hz & 75Hz. Dips that low can be almost inaudible.

M

mkv15

Audiophyte
thanks AVrat.

I'm thinking about returning the Plus/2 and get two plus or two ultra.

m

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis