Subwoofer Interconnects

G

<font color='#000000'>I know with A\V interconnects between components cable quality differences do matter but regarding the mono subwoofer interconnect...

Is it just as important to have a quality (heavily shield and what-not) subwoofer RCA cable?

If so, how about the Acoutic Research brand cables?

Thanks!</font>

RLA

RLA

Audioholic Chief
<font color='#000000'>Or RG-6 Quadshield terminated &nbsp;RCA is very cheap and very good
Cheers Ray</font>

A

audioengr

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>I have had good results for subwoofer signal with cables like the Belden 89740. &nbsp;It is an 18 AWG pair Teflon insulated. &nbsp;~$60 for 100 feet from Allied Elect. &nbsp;(Allied 216-0634). &nbsp;If you want a shielded version, the Belden 88760 is the same thing with shield.(Allied 216-0646) ~$70 for 100 feet.</font>

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
<font color='#000000'>audioengr;

thanks for sharing a good cost effective recommendation.  Does this cable come preterminated, or does the user have to buy RCA plugs and self terminate?  Also, most people will need a y-cable at the subwoofer side otherwise their sub level will be down 6dB or so if the L+R inputs are summed, (which the majority of subs are in my experience).
I think its a good idea to go with shielded since subwoofer cable runs are usually quite long and people generally route them in parallel near power chords.
[edited spelling]</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis