Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
I want to set up an 8" Pioneer sub in my den basically for TV sound and sometimes music. The amp is an Audio Source 2 channel with no sub out. It does have A or B speaker outs, but only one can be used at a time. The sub has speaker inputs, but no speaker outs like you would see on the vast majority of subwoofers. The amp has L/R line outs, but the volume is fixed, so I don't want to use that. Any suggestions on how I can hook it up? The speakers are 5" Klipsch bookshelf speakers.

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
Solved. I ran another set of speaker wires from the same outputs. Sounds good.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Solved. I ran another set of speaker wires from the same outputs. Sounds good.
Are you running 2 sets of cables in parallel from your left and right high level speaker outs? One of my alerts went off reading that. Usually not a good idea as it puts a strain on the amp. Not sure what you have going there tho.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Are you running 2 sets of cables in parallel from your left and right high level speaker outs? One of my alerts went off reading that. Usually not a good idea as it puts a strain on the amp. Not sure what you have going there tho.
Been a while, but believe that this doesn't place a particular load on the amp with an active sub. Some subs provided high level outs, many didn't and I'm pretty sure I've read in more than one manual advice to connect this way if using the high level connection...just looked at the manual for a sub I have with only high level inputs and they show both connecting wires from amp to sub/speakers simultaneously, or to connect one set of wires to the sub then another from the same terminals on the sub to the speakers.

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
I did hook it up that way. Hopefully, it'll be ok. It did sound really good playing Mr. Mister's "Go On", which has been my go-to album to test sound systems.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis