G

<font color='#000000'>I have a Technics receiver with no subwoofer output. &nbsp;I have purchased a subwoofer that has only one RCA input for hookup to the receiver. &nbsp;How do I connect the two?</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>Doesn't anybody know the answer to this question? &nbsp;I really need to know how to make the connection. Receiver with no subwoofer output to subwoofer with a single RCA imput, help!!!</font>

S

SAC1973

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>hey guy i think your question was answered back on 12/29 or there abouts in a previous post. &nbsp;anyway the answer to your question can be found in the FAQ on the home page. &nbsp;i'll post here for you.

Q: Is it possible to connect a subwoofer in a Technics AV Receiver Control Receiver SA-GX350? How? It has NO subwoofer output, but has 4 Front (A + B) , 1 Center, 2 Rear speaker output and Dolby Prologic Surround Mode (it is possible to eliminate Center and choose volume for Center and Rear speakers).
A: You may connect your subwoofer speaker level to your Receivers Speaker A output.

Run a pair of speaker wires in parallel for each connection;
One pair for the left main and left sub speaker level input;
And one wire for the right front and right sub speaker level inputs.

DO NOT USE Speaker B on your Technics Receiver as the connection is hooked in series and will degrade sound.

For more info, read the following articles that I wrote.

Crawling for Bass
Subwoofer Connections to Receiver
Equal Power or Not

Enjoy the Music!

GDS

hope this helps</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis