Subwoofer Connections

W

WhiskeyMike

Audiophyte
Hello
I have put together a modest home theater setup using the following components:

Sony KDF-46E2000 (TV)

Sony STR-DE835 (receiver bought new in 1999 and still works great, I am just not using any video inputs, they go straight to the TV)

Sony DVP-NC85H (Upscaling DVD, connected via fiber to receiver and HDMI to TV)

Motorola MOXI Cable box (Connected via fiber to receiver and component to TV)

Infinity Primus 150s for front
Infinity Primus C25 Center
Infinity PS-8 Subwoofer

Here is my question:

My reciever has two subwoofer outputs (no L or R markings, just two outputs)
My Sub has a L&R input as well as an LFE input.

I currently have two 12' Monster 600 cables connected to the R&L inputs on the sub and it sounds good but is this the way it should be connected?

My reciever has an LFE graph on the display but nothing marked LFE on the outputs just subwoofer out.

I have read on this board that the LFE input is the ideal place to connect your sub, but which output should I use? Or does it matter really?

Was this receiver originally meant to have 2 subs connected to it?

I'm looking forward to your inputs (no pun intended)

Bernie
Colorado Springs, CO

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
The sub outs on the receiver output the same signal. It is meant to be used in the case you would have two subwoofers. Just use one of the sub outputs and connect it to the subwoofer's LFE using a 75ohm cable.

W

WhiskeyMike

Audiophyte
Thanks Seth

I just did as you said. No decrease in base and now I am thinking about buying another sub for the other output.......hmmm

Bernie

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
AVRat said:
Welcome Bernie, looks like another C/Ser here.:cool:

OK, let us in on your secret code talk:D What does WM stand for? or that C/S er

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
mtrycrafts said:
OK, let us in on your secret code talk:D What does WM stand for? or that C/S er
I was wondering that also.:D

W

WhiskeyMike

Audiophyte
I am in the Military (Air Force) and we use our initials when we annotate trouble tickets. (I am a Tech Controller, meaning I maintain all types of communications networks). We use the first letter of our last name and the last letter of our last name for our initials. My last name is Windham. So my initials are WM. Whiskey Mike is phonetic for WM.

C/S is Colorado Springs. Its a big military town. I'll be here for another 6 months, then I go to Japan for 3 years.

Bernie

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
WhiskeyMike said:
I am in the Military (Air Force) and we use our initials when we annotate trouble tickets. (I am a Tech Controller, meaning I maintain all types of communications networks). We use the first letter of our last name and the last letter of our last name for our initials. My last name is Windham. So my initials are WM. Whiskey Mike is phonetic for WM.

C/S is Colorado Springs. Its a big military town. I'll be here for another 6 months, then I go to Japan for 3 years.

Bernie

Well, I know about the military a little bit but didn't know this coded name:D And certainly know about the mountain command place and the AF Academy.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis