SubWoofer Connections

G

<font color='#000000'>Hello,
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;I have recently addded a Sub-Woofer to my HT and have a couple of questions regarding the options for cabling. My components are as follows:

A/V - Harmom Kardon AV20
Mains - booze 201 Sonatas
Rears - Polk Audio
Center - Boston Acoustics
SUB - David 310

Now I know this is not the best equipment, but to tell you the truth, the sound in both movies and music is very good.

The HK AV20 is a few years old and using Dolby Pro Logic. It also has a LEFT and RIGHT sub out ( line level RCA ) and I'm currently using this method to connect to the LEFT AND RIGHT RCA ins on the sub. No problem sounds good, much improved overall while watching movies.

My question is this, the David 310 Sub also has HIGH LEVEL speaker ins and outs and I understand I can run my mains from the receiver to these and then to the MAIN speakers, but which is better?

Also if using the HIGH LEVEL connections my understanding is the LFE will be stripped off before passing the remaining mids and highs to the MAINS...Does this stripping also occur in using the LINE-LEVEL sub out method.

Thanks in advance and thanks for your patience..this site is great.

John</font>

<font color='#000080'>With Pro Logic is won't matter much. When you get into a receiver that handles multi-channel bass management you can have fun experimenting with which method creates less room nodes for you.</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>Thanks for the info...much appreciated

John</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis