Subwoofer Connection Guide For A Multi Subwoofer System

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
You want to connect all the subs to the LFE output on your receiver. You do NOT want to use the outputs on the subwoofer. Just use Y-splitters on the subwoofer pre-outs on the receiver and connect the subs to those.

L

Leo 472

Audiophyte
Do the subwoofer-placement rules change if the LF/RF loudspeakers have a built-in subwoofer (e.g., Goldenear Triton One)? Thanks.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Do the subwoofer-placement rules change if the LF/RF loudspeakers have a built-in subwoofer (e.g., Goldenear Triton One)? Thanks.
Not a whole lot even if you can call those subs...location location location

L

Leo 472

Audiophyte
Not a whole lot even if you can call those subs...location location location
Thanks. I noted a preview of the Triton 2+ and Triton 3+. Are you planning to review the powered Triton speakers?

J

jsc1205

Enthusiast
I would like to know some additional setup info since I have 2 subwoofers in my theater. I currently have them setup like in figure 1 with both in the front location. I'm going to try the midpoint location on the front and back wall since you indicate that is the best location.
My question is should I first do the subwoofer crawl with the one sub at the front of the room, plug in the rear wall sub, run Audyssey MultiEQ, readjust levels with a SPL meter to ensure each is at 75db? Just want to get the steps down so I'm not doing numerous times to get this right

Thanks for any help you can provide

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I don't think you want to adjust anything after running Audyssey. I don't think an SPL meter will be terribly helpful for what you are trying to do. You can measure the response with a SPL meter but it is very tedious. You would be much better off with a calibration microphone and REW.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis