Subwoofer Cable Help

M

MDSnell

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>I sure hope someone can help me with these questions soon - or I'm in trouble

I own a Yamaha RX-V2095 Amplifier.  It has an LFE port that I am currently using to drive my sub-woofer (A Klipsch KSW-300) connected to the &quot;LFE In&quot; on the subwoofer.  I currently have it connected with a Monster M351HWST cable (with RCA connectors on either side). My main speakers are Klipsch KLF-30's and I run a KLF C-7 Center channel.  My rear surrounds are Klipsch Quintets.

I have not been able to run the LFE cable through my attic because it is not long enough and so it currently runs across the floor of the living room.  The WAF (Wife acceptance factor) is very low with this arrangement and I need to build a custom cable that I can run through the wall.

Here are my questions:
1. What is the proper Impedence of the cable that I should use for this project?  

2. Any suggestions on specic cable?

3. This run will be appromixately 55-60 feet - will this be a problem?

Thank you in advance for your help!!
Mike</font>

JoeE SP9

JoeE SP9

Senior Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>Check Cable Budget Guidelines on the home page. it has some suggestions you might find helpful.

</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
RLA

RLA

Audioholic Chief
<font color='#000000'>Hi
RG-6 Quad Shield &nbsp;Terminated with RCA or F/RCA Adapters
will be as good or better than anything out there
it will cost you about $0.45 per foot ( Home Depot)just remember to radis the bends when you install it
I use Quad Shield in attics because it is better shielded and
will resist heat much better than standard cable as it is
designed to be used as &quot;drops&quot; from the pole to your house
in outside applications
Hope this helps
RLA</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis