T

toolmangonnabe

Audiophyte
I'm pretty new to this whole home theater thing, trying to understand what I am sure are the most simple of things. But right now I'm getting very frusterated by a buzzing in my subwoofer. My system is a Onkyo HT-S780 with 7.1 surround. For some reason my subwoofer keep emitting a slight buzz sound that does not vary, no matter what I do. The only thing that stops it is if I unplug it. I have tried plugging it into different outlets, moving it away from other cords, and removing my cable cord - no difference. I would appreciate it if anyone could help me with this, I really don't have any idea what I can do. Right now I'm just turning up the volume loud enough so I don't hear it.. I think it's annoying my neighbors...

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
toolmangonnabe said:
I'm pretty new to this whole home theater thing, trying to understand what I am sure are the most simple of things. But right now I'm getting very frusterated by a buzzing in my subwoofer. My system is a Onkyo HT-S780 with 7.1 surround. For some reason my subwoofer keep emitting a slight buzz sound that does not vary, no matter what I do. The only thing that stops it is if I unplug it. I have tried plugging it into different outlets, moving it away from other cords, and removing my cable cord - no difference. I would appreciate it if anyone could help me with this, I really don't have any idea what I can do. Right now I'm just turning up the volume loud enough so I don't hear it.. I think it's annoying my neighbors...

What brand of sub? Unplug the inputs to the sub from the receiver, all of them, except the power. Is it a 2 or 3 prong power connector? If you still have that buzz after all the connection to the sub is disconnected, you have an internal ground loop issue in the sub amp. Call the maker about it.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis