Subwoofer Advice PB-1000 vs two 10MKII?

B

Burly

Audiophyte
New here. Tons of great info. I need some subwoofer advice please For my home theater.
background info:
receiver Denon x2800H. Mostly watching movies. 5.1
speakers are older PSB but working well (forget model)
Room 24ft long x 14ft wide x 7ft high. ( 2352 cu ft) Closed room. Acoustic walls. 2 rows of 4 HT chairs.
I read many great reviews here and learned much but still unsure…
I just ordered SVS PB-1000 Pro. ($720) But now I am thinking maybe I should instead get 2 RLS Speedwoofer 10MKII ($449 each).
Getting 2 of the SVS is more than I want to spend, but 2 10MKII aren’t too much more than 1 SVC.
both have free shipping, returns etc. Yes HSU are real good but with shipping & restocking ??
I haven’t used 2 x subwoofers before. Would the fact that I have 8 seats lead me to 2 x woofers for better coverage?
Please share your advice. Thank you

Last edited:
S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
New here. Tons of great info. I need some subwoofer advice please For my home theater.
background info:
receiver Denon x2800H. Mostly watching movies. 5.1
speakers are older PSB but working well (forget model)
Room 24ft long x 14ft wide x 7ft high. ( 2352 cu ft) Closed room. Acoustic walls. 2 rows of 4 HT chairs.
I read many great reviews here and learned much but still unsure…
I just ordered SVS PB-1000 Pro. ($720) But now I am thinking maybe I should instead get 2 RLS Speedwoofer 10MKII ($449 each).
Getting 2 of the SVS is more than I want to spend, but 2 10MKII aren’t too much more than 1 SVC.
both have free shipping, returns etc. Yes HSU are real good but with shipping & restocking ??
I haven’t used 2 x subwoofers before. Would the fact that I have 8 seats lead me to 2 x woofers for better coverage?
Please share your advice. Thank you
Two subs are better able to address acoustical problems, but you can not just arbitrarily place them anywhere in the room for that to be the case. They need optimal placement. If you aren't able to use in-room measurements to determine best placement, then you will need to do some experimentation with placement. If you don't have much freedom of placement, then you might just want to get a single powerful sub instead of multiples.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis