Subwoofer - $500 price range

A

audionewb

Enthusiast
I am have almost completed my HT setup and am looking for the best sub I can get in the $500 price range. My setup is as follows:

Receiver: Yamaha KX-V2500
Center: Paradigm CC-370 On wall
Fronts: Paradigm mini monitors
Surround: Paradigm Atoms
Rear: Paradigm Atoms

I will be using the system mostly for HT, with much less music listening. Does anyone have any recommendations? PSB subsonic? Outlaw? Paradigm?

Thanks in advance.

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
Stay with Paradigm. No need to break it up now. Great speakers for a super price. You will be very happy! :)

D

dloweman

Audioholic
I have pretty close to the same setup of paradigms, and just added the hsu vtf-2 mk2 to the system. Wow, what an incredible sub!!! I strongly suggest you think about it. I think it is exactly 500. I know you can't listen, but trust me and the tonnes of other Hsu fans out there, there subs are great for the price
derek

R

Redbone

Audioholic
Hsu STF2 is my pick but The PDR-12 and PSB 5i are both noteworthy contenders.....

W

warnerwh

Full Audioholic
The Partsexpress kits are very good deals and only take an hour to assemble. There's three and the one with the 12" Dayton is very competetive with other good subs in the under 500 dollar range. The HSU is also darn good. I think you'd be pretty happy with the Partsexpress 12" model. Designed by a well known speaker designer for them. Here's an almost new Paradigm for 299 asking price on audiogon: http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?homesubw&1106090542.

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
Give the Yamaha YST-SW 1500 an audition, a real tight and powerful sub in your price range.

furrycute

furrycute

Banned
I prefer the bass from acoustic suspension type construction more than the ported type. Buy a passive sealed sub, and use an old amp to power it. You can't beat the value in that combo.

S

soundslikeme

Audiophyte
I've had the SVS PB10-ISD for a little over a week and I love it. For just under $500 shipped it's a steal. Great performance for music and especially movies. Thougt I'd throw that out there

rgriffin25

rgriffin25

I have had a Paradigm PS-1000 for almost 8 years now. It has been the only part of my HT that has not been upgraded. It is built like a tank and never dissappoints. There are quite a few good choices out there, so take your time and make sure to get the one that sounds best to you. For me I would stick with companies that build speakers/subwoofers exclusively.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis