S

satish536

Audioholic
Is it advised to turn up the volume knob on the sub woofer itself or to boost the sub woofer signal from the reciever.Which is advisable and what is the
difference ??

My onkyo has a boost till 10 db i keep it on 5 as of now and my sub volume is at 12 o clock position, sometimes when i want more bass should i turn the sub volume knob up or boost the signal from the reciever??

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
satish536 said:
Is it advised to turn up the volume knob on the sub woofer itself or to boost the sub woofer signal from the reciever.Which is advisable and what is the
difference ??

My onkyo has a boost till 10 db i keep it on 5 as of now and my sub volume is at 12 o clock position, sometimes when i want more bass should i turn the sub volume knob up or boost the signal from the reciever??
I think the rule of thumb is to set the sub gain to minimum and LFE out to acceptable control levels. My Hsu gain dial is set at ~1.5-2.0 (if it had a 0-10 numbering system). My panny rx adjusts subout from 0 to +20db. 10 is my normal listening position on the rx...20 if AverageJoe comes by for a shot of U-571!!! :eek: Boost at the receiver.

K

korgoth

Full Audioholic
yeah id just leave your receiver's sub level in the middle of its range, and adjust the knob to wherever it sounds good.

that way you can adjust the sub level with your remote, and not have to walk to it when you want to turn it up or down.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
satish536 said:
difference ??

I suppose the Onkyo also has a cut of equal amounts?
Where are the other speaker channels level set to achieve the calibrated 75dB spl? I would aim about the same for the sub and adjust the volume on the sub itself to reach this goal.

If you have a remote for the sub itself to increase its gain, use that when you want more. I believe that in the Onkyo, you have to go into a calibration mode to adjust LFE level. That would be a pain to do for an increase and back to where it was too many times.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis