M

matt houser

Audioholic
I know it’s not perfect but I feel like I’ve made huge strides, is this considered a half decent response, I finally got somewhat of a smooth transition to my main speakers, I had to move the front speakers around and was able to eliminate huge cancellations
EBB9D227-BE63-49E9-9E14-056FADF4B594.jpeg

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Little bit of a dip at 60 & 95hz but generally looks decent, with a slight bump in deep bass (which could well be preferable)

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Little bit of a dip at 60 & 95hz but generally looks decent, with a slight bump in deep bass (which could well be preferable)
+1, agreed with this. That is a pretty good response.

M

matt houser

Audioholic
Holy smokes this system has a lot more punch to it than it’s ever had, The only problem is it’s slightly Boomy at times, these HSU subs have variable tuning, any suggestions on a tuning that would tame the boomyness or anything else that would tame it for that matter

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
The heightened response from 20 to 30 Hz may be the problem. One thing you can do is set the Q control to .3. You can also seal one port and set the EQ switch to EQ2. Or you can just seal both ports, although that does rob you of a lot of low end headroom.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Also, can you show us the response out to say 3 or 4 kHz? I want to see the sub level relative to the rest of the range.

M

matt houser

Audioholic
The heightened response from 20 to 30 Hz may be the problem. One thing you can do is set the Q control to .3. You can also seal one port and set the EQ switch to EQ2. Or you can just seal both ports, although that does rob you of a lot of low end headroom.
I’ll post a pic of The entire range the next time I set up the microphone, if I were to drop the Q to three and switch to EQ2, would the subs still sound good in a home theater application, I equally listen to both music and home theater so I’m trying to find the best compromise between the two, right now I am eq 1 with one port plugged at Q 7

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Yes, the sub would still sound good with a Q of .3 and EQ set to 2. What would happen is that the response would go down a bit on the low end. You might also experiment with sealing both ports.

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
Yes, the sub would still sound good with a Q of .3 and EQ set to 2. What would happen is that the response would go down a bit on the low end. You might also experiment with sealing both ports.
Not to jack this thread, but Shady, just a question for you. How does lowering the q factor change the sound ? I'm not very familiar with room eq wizard. And I've been experimenting with PEQ on a Yamaha AVR.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Not to jack this thread, but Shady, just a question for you. How does lowering the q factor change the sound ? I'm not very familiar with room eq wizard. And I've been experimenting with PEQ on a Yamaha AVR.
The Q pretty much just reduces the response in the low end. A higher Q tilts the response more toward mid-bass at the expense of deep bass.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Congratulations I don’t have a mic or anything to check my subs output .
Your Three subs plenty ? Psb nice ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis