zackde

zackde

Audioholic Intern
guys,

im putting a subwoofer on my car (12 inches), my question is about polyfill stuffing

1. aside from the web, where can i buy one?
2. how much stuffing must i put?
3. any alternative (homemade) to polyfill?

thanx

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
Joann fabrics, Walmart, Kmart... They all sell it. It should be in the hobby/linen isles. It's just poly fill made from nylon material. Looks like cotton. The more you put in, the more you "trick" your subs to think it's a bigger box. Usually half way to 3/4 works. I have my two subs stuffed about 1/2 way, finding 3/4 just took too much "oomph" out of the bass. It eliminates reflections inside the box (which is a good thing).

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
Buckeyefan 1 said:
Joann fabrics, Walmart, Kmart... They all sell it. It should be in the hobby/linen isles. It's just poly fill made from nylon material. Looks like cotton. The more you put in, the more you "trick" your subs to think it's a bigger box. Usually half way to 3/4 works. I have my two subs stuffed about 1/2 way, finding 3/4 just took too much "oomph" out of the bass. It eliminates reflections inside the box (which is a good thing).
I totally agree. Polyfill is in a clear plastic bag. It's the stuff that is inside a pillow.

annunaki

annunaki

"Poly-fil" is polyester fiber fill. It is usually suggested at about 1lb. per ft^3.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis