O

Oysterboy

Enthusiast
Based on my needs (we have cats and they will destroy anything other than a downward-firing sub), and my wallet, it seems my choices in the purchase of a new subwoofer for my house are are either an SVS PB12-ISD or a HSU VTF-2.
Any one got an opionion?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Either would be a great choice. The PB-12 will easily outperform the VTF-2 without question though. A more comparable choice might be the STF-3.

O

Oysterboy

Enthusiast
Yep, got cha, and they are the same price. These two subs are very comparable?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
A review by Ed Mullen over at Secrets of Hometheater said the PB-12 ISD also outperformed the STF-3.

Duffinator

Duffinator

Audioholic Field Marshall
Oyster, here's the link to the review mentioned.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htforum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=190398

I bought the PB 12-ISD last summer and am very happy with it's performance considering it's price. For HT it's added a whole new dimension compared to my previous Mirage sub. It goes plenty low and will rattle your house. At first I wasn't overwhelmed with it's performance with music. It was still a huge improvement over what I had but I felt I still might be missing something with music. Now that I've had it a few months and have listened to it with my favorite music I'm very pleased. It could be a bit tighter (maybe faster is a better description here) in it's upper range of 60 to 80 Hz but I'm comparing the SVS to my friends's Martin Logan Descent which costs 5 times more. I've set up the STF-3 for a friend and I don't think you can go wrong with either but obviously I bought the SVS and wouldn't switch at this point. Keep checking the SVS B-Stock page and see if a ISD shows up and jump on it. It's not a huge savings but it amounts to free shipping. Mine's B-Stock and there's no way you could tell it apart from a-A-Stock and the warranty is the same. Good luck.:)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis