sub crossover,reciever,main speakers

R

richard

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>ok. can some one help? recently i acquired klipsch rf-3 main speakers and a cht-12 velodyne sub. whats the best way for me to set the crossover on the reciever and the sub? should i set these speakers to large or small?? thanks ahead of time for the help.</font>

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>
richard : <font color='#000000'>ok. can some one help? recently i acquired klipsch rf-3 main speakers and a cht-12 velodyne sub. whats the best way for me to set the crossover on the reciever and the sub? should i set these speakers to large or small?? thanks ahead of time for the help.</font>
<font color='#0000FF'>Set your sub crossover to 70Hz and start going lower till you get the right balance between imaging, clarity and bass.</font>

<font color='#000000'>Assuming you have a modern receiver, send the 'sub-out' to the sub via a single RCA audio cable and put a RCA male to female Y-cable on the sub inputs.

Set your main speakers to large, but if the low end is muddy, you may want to set them to small, so the low end is sent to the sub. Of course, the CHT-12 is an efficient speaker, at the expense of being a bit muddy - but OK for the price.

I haven't heard the Klipsch speakers you have, but they are rated to go to 37Hz +/- 3dB

Yammy's recommendation on the crossover is dead on... you need to sweep it to find the best blend. If you have a DVD like Star Wars, you can use the THX optimizer located in the setup to run a sweep frequency to set the right crossover.

Enjoy your system!

[Edit: Spelling]</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis