R

Recycler

Audiophyte
I'm what you would call a NOOB at HT, I bought a set of speakers but the hook up's for the sub aren't what I expected. I have a Kenwood VR7070 which has a single preout for a powered sub, or there are 2 connections for a sub which I believe would be non-powered. The sub with my set is 100w powered but there is a left and right input for preout power? there is also a left and right high power input? How should I hook this up? Just use 1 of the channels of the preout input and the power, or do I use the high power inputs and what not plug the sub in???? Such and ugly curveball for a novice. :confused:

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
You can go into a single line level input (LFE input) on the back of your sub, or you can use a Y-adapter cable similar to the one pictured below. It is a single female RCA to double male RCA adapter very commonly used in subwoofer setups. This is exactly what I use and what I have seen used at least 100 times.

Best of all, companies OTHER than Monster Cable make them. ;)

L

Leprkon

Audioholic General
completely agree with BMX on this one. just in case you needed a second opinion. ;)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis