M

Mrhappysuncle

Enthusiast
I'm now making the last vital decisions on my first HT.
So far:

Speakers - Axiom QS4 (3), VP150, pair of M50's

Projector - Optoma HD72 on Comcast.

Receiver - I'm torn between the Pioneer VSX-80TXV and Yamaha RX-V659

The room is 27' x 14'

I only have $500 left.

Question - Will the SVS PB10 do this room justice? Any suggestions?

I could alternately rob the new Infinity PS-12 out of my other room and save my pennies for later.

Thanks guys.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
This really belongs in the sub forum.

$500 bones, the PB-10 will work OK, but it will not give you all out rumble. I'd save another ~$50 and get the 25-31PCi.

A

abboudc

Audioholic Chief
j_garcia said:

$500 bones, the PB-10 will work OK, but it will not give you all out rumble. I'd save another ~$50 and get the 25-31PCi.
I second that.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
j_garcia said:

I third that.

SheepStar

S

sahihai

Junior Audioholic
I agree with the 3 others above...though I have another suggestion...you are getting 3 QS4's. Looks like you going in for 6.1 setup. If you drop one of them, you save enough to buy a PB12-NSD and maybe a cheaper single bookshelf too(if you can get one)

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
sahihai said:
I agree with the 3 others above...though I have another suggestion...you are getting 3 QS4's. Looks like you going in for 6.1 setup. If you drop one of them, you save enough to buy a PB12-NSD and maybe a cheaper single bookshelf too(if you can get one)
25-31 will be louder then a PB-12NSD.

SheepStar

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Sheep said:
25-31 will be louder then a PB-12NSD.
Yep, but the reason for that is because the PB-12 is tuned lower (18Hz). That extension is fun :) However, the 25-31 is one heck of a sub, weighs less (lower shipping cost) and takes up less floor space. If you ask nicely, they can also custom tune the cylinder for what is effectively a 22-31 (22Hz tune)

M

Mrhappysuncle

Enthusiast
Many Thanks and Another Question

Thanks guys, I much appreciate your valuable responses.

And...

The house CFO loved the new Axioms so much that she wants to be sure that we use them to their potential.

So I have been given the go-ahead for a little more cash. I now have $1200-$1400 to spend on a receiver and sub.

I believe I will stick with the 25-31 suggestion on the sub unless there's something else you can come up with. Given my current hardware, what are your recommendations?

P.S. I left out an upconverting LG DVD player and Xbox in my equipment list.

Thanks again!

G

ggunnell

Audioholic
I'd stick with the 659 receiver, and in that large a room, a PB12NSD/2 would be good if you could afford it. If not, go for the 20-39Plus

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis