Sub advice - Boston PV500 vs Klipsch Sub10

L

Larry35

Audiophyte
I am in need of a new sub. I currently own the Onkyo HTIB. It came with an 8" sub which has since been destroyed by lightning. I have upgraded the center to the BIC DV62CLR. I work for Best Buy part time and have the opportunity to get subs at a discount. My store has the Magnolia HT in it which sells the Boston Sub. I can get either sub for about the same price. I've listened to both but not sure which one to buy. I am really uncertain of the pro's and cons of each one. Can you please help me with my decision. I can get either sub for a little under $200 with my discount and that is all I have to spend.

This is my first post and I am looking forward to learning more.

Last edited:
MacManNM

MacManNM

Banned
From the Specs, I'd say the klipsch is a better unit although I have not heard the Boston. I think you'd be better off going with a HSU or SV unit.

L

Larry35

Audiophyte
I understand that the HSU or SV would be better. However, I get a very good discount at Best Buy and can buy either sub for less than $200....Unfortunately, that is all I have to spend right now.

R

Ron Temple

Senior Audioholic
I auditioned the Klipsch, was very impressed because I wasn't expecting much. Hits hard and clean.

furrycute

furrycute

Banned
Why do people always assume that the SVS is a better sub? Have you personally compared the 2 subs side by side? I would assume not. Most of these "impressions" are heresays, spread from person to person over interet forums, with little substance behind them.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis