Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks for the reminder!

I would love to see a space launch in person at sometime in my life. My brother got to see a shuttle launch a year or two ago and thought it was fantastic.

majorloser

majorloser

I'll get to see it from work on Hwy 192.
Don't you think you're going to have a customer that will need an "extended" test drive over on the beach by then? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
Was home to watch it. Looks like all went well. I'm sure those on the space station will be happy to get their new toilet :D

majorloser

majorloser

It was a beautiful day and a great launch. I even recorded the launch on the DVR from HDNet. The HD picture and sound is awesome. This is the first time I've seen the camera mounted on the external fuel tank taking pictures all the way through and even after separation from the orbiter.

J

jvgillow

Full Audioholic
I saw the launch from my friend's backyard in Rockledge

The best LFE event in FL :)

Last edited:
pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
Just want to say...arrrrrrrrggggggggggh!!!!

Only on TV here. Still cool.

-pat

Matt34

Matt34

Closest thing I've seen to a live space shuttle launch was watching a MLRS firing at a range in Kosovo a few years ago......no comparison, for sure.:eek:

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
Closest thing I've seen to a live space shuttle launch was watching a MLRS firing at a range in Kosovo a few years ago......no comparison, for sure.:eek:

Still impressive though. The wife and I had actually planned to drive across state for a close-up on this one, but a dozen things came up that had to get done, and we ended up staying home. :( Next time though!! :D

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
I saw the launch from my friend's backyard in Rockledge
That's awesome! I never made it to a shuttle launch or to Disney while living in FL. I regret it now that I live back up north.

majorloser

majorloser

There are not many more shuttle launches left. :(

Oct 8, 2008 - Atlantis STS-125 (fixing Hubble)
Nov 10, 2008 - Endeavour STS-126 (to ISS)
Dec 4, 2008 - Discovery STS-119 (to ISS)

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai

True, but it's a safe bet that NASA will be blasting something big into space from Cape Kennedy for many years to come. Still, the Shuttle is like an icon of our time - it would be a shame to miss it before they're all retired and scrapped. :)

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Warlord

Is that really all ????
How the heck are they going to get replacement toilets to the ISS?

majorloser

majorloser

Is that really all ????
How the heck are they going to get replacement toilets to the ISS?
They may add more flights, but I doubt it. The shuttle is old technology that's not very cost effective. There's other newer heavy lift platforms available like the Delta 4 Heavy.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Warlord
They may add more flights, but I doubt it. The shuttle is old technology that's not very cost effective. There's other newer heavy lift platforms available like the Delta 4 Heavy.
Yeah, pretty amazing, the cpu's in she shuttle control system is like 8MHz 8080 processors, or something like that, or at least stone age technology.....

Now, they could ask Erin Hardison, his vehicles are something :cool:

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis