Streaming HD music through my system

S

SLL777

Audiophyte
I’ve been out of the game for a while. I am an Apple products person out of convenience. I traveled for my job for years and Apple was the easiest way to combine movies, music, and etc into a phone and iPad. I had a heart valve rupture, emergency surgery and now, permanent heart issues and nerve damage from the surgery and unable to work. So, I have time on my hands. I would like to get the best music listening experience from my system but, I’m not quite sure if I’m set up to do so. My main system consists of a Denon AVR-X6300H, Bowers and Wilkins 702 S2 front channels from 2019 bi-wired, a Bowers and Wilkins HTM71 S2 center channel from 2019, and Energy C2’s from 1999 (love these Canadian made speakers) for my surround and surround back channels. My sub is an Energy unit from 1999 as well. I do not use the Audyssey MultiEQ function. Specifically, I let the system setup the distance and volume for each speaker. Then, I shut the Audyssey function off and manually set the EQ to my liking. I am using my iPad PRO to stream HD music through the AudioQuest Cobalt DAC and then into the back of my Denon. I’m streaming Amazon HD which streams at best at 24-bit/96kHz which is the best the AudiQuest Cobalt will do. My iPad and iPhone XS alone are capable of 24-bit/48kHz. However, there are other streaming services offering much better which means I’d need a better DAC. However, with my system, would I hear a difference if I went better? Is this even the right way to do it? Should I get another DAC to run through the Denon or is the DAC in the Denon good enough by itself. I’m not sure of the capability of the DAC in my Denon. I’m at a loss here. I have not paid attention to the technology over the past several years. Again, due to convenience Of the Apple products. Be kind....I’m feeling a little in over my head here.

Last edited:
S

sterling shoote

Audioholic Field Marshall
I’ve been out of the game for a while. I am an Apple products person out of convenience. I traveled for my job for years and Apple was the easiest way to combine movies, music, and etc into a phone and iPad. I had a heart valve rupture, emergency surgery and now, permanent heart issues and nerve damage from the surgery and unable to work. So, I have time on my hands. I would like to get the best music listening experience from my system but, I’m not quite sure if I’m set up to do so. My main system consists of a Denon AVR-X6300H, Bowers and Wilkins 702 S2 front channels from 2019 bi-wired, a Bowers and Wilkins HTM71 S2 center channel from 2019, and Energy C2’s from 1999 (love these Canadian made speakers) for my surround and surround back channels. My sub is an Energy unit from 1999 as well. I do not use the Audyssey MultiEQ function. Specifically, I let the system setup the distance and volume for each speaker. Then, I shut the Audyssey function off and manually set the EQ to my liking. I am using my iPad PRO to stream HD music through the AudioQuest Cobalt DAC and then into the back of my Denon. I’m streaming Amazon HD which streams at best at 24-bit/96kHz which is the best the AudiQuest Cobalt will do. My iPad and iPhone XS alone are capable of 24-bit/48kHz. However, there are other streaming services offering much better which means I’d need a better DAC. However, with my system, would I hear a difference if I went better? Is this even the right way to do it? Should I get another DAC to run through the Denon or is the DAC in the Denon good enough by itself. I’m not sure of the capability of the DAC in my Denon. I’m at a loss here. I have not paid attention to the technology over the past several years. Again, due to convenience Of the Apple products. Be kind....I’m feeling a little in over my head here.
I stream Apple Music from iTunes. One means to this is via usb to OPPO DAC. Using this method, AAC sounds indistinguishable from AIFF hi-res downloads; thus, I no longer download hi-res. At any rate, the only thing that sounds better these days is multi-channel SACD. With the OPPO I can get streaming, as well as multi- SACD.

L

Leemix

Audioholic General
Have you tried to use the HEOS streaming in your Denon AVR?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'd just stream to the Denon and personally, wirelessly.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis