Streaming DVD from computer

T

tinytool

Audiophyte
I consider myself new to this so I have a couple of basic questions. Here is my set up or will be shortly
Denon 3805
Denon 2910
50" Panasonic Plasma 7u

My question is I have a lot of DVD's dowloaded on my server computer and I would like to be able to watch them on my system. I have a router,cat6 and all the stuff is there a way to do this. None of the DVD's are shrank so I won't loose any quality.

Are there any pros and cons to doing this?

Let me knw if you need anymore info.... I appreciate the help

By the way when I day downloaded DVD's I mean Copied from the original disc, (just thought I would throw that in there)

H

hoarp001

Audiophyte
Hi, my graphics card has a TV out plug on it, where you can plug a TV into it and use a TV as the monitor.... this wouldent do sound i suppose but you could watch it on the TV and plug the sound into the computer... Just a thought...

(GeForce FX 5200 Tornado Dual Head (thats the graphics card))

Junior Audioholic
First..... identify what display card do u hv? what are the output connection available? DVI, S-Video or VGA? And what are the video input available for your plasma? second, connect them with necessary cable, you may need to tune your display setting for you to get the best picture quality..

for sound, again what sound card do u hv? if you hv any digital output available, just hook it to the denon receiver and enjoy the DD or DTS.

Software, get the windvd or power dvd...

hope help...

btw, i just wonder why u copy ur dvd to server? what is your server storage capacity?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis