Streaming Audio for a psuedo-wireless solution

R

RunnerInPeoria

Audiophyte
Hi:

While I'm a newbie to the Audioholics board, I am a person with a medium level of audio experience. I have a design problem which I hope someone on the board can help with.

First of all, I hate broadcast radio for a number of reasons. As such, I like to create my own custom playlists based on mood and guests which i assemble onto a DVD (normalized wave files) and 'stream' from the DVD player in our great room to the receiver in our game room. I am able to stream the audio from RF-Link send and receive devices which work very well. My issue is, I would like to add two more speakers to our 2nd floor where our bedroom and office are located, streaming the same music. I tried AudioEngine as a solution but since I would like the option to place one speaker in the office and one in the bedroom, running speaker wire between the two rooms was not allowed (married men will understand this).

So, my question is simply does anyone have an idea on how to extend by core system (great room DVD player) to wirelessly extend to our 2nd floor. I would prefer not to have to add an additional HTR to support an additional RF-Link receiving unit although this does not remove the issue of running more speaker wires.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

RunnerInPeoria

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
You could just get another RF-Link receiver and plug that into the Audio Engine speakers. I don't know of any powered speakers that each have their own inputs where you cold Y the RF-link to input to each speaker but even if they did you would still have wires.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Welcome to the forum!

Just curious - Peoria, IL? If so, I grew up near there.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis