Stranglehold Collector's Edition PS3

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I picked it up last night. I was a little disappointed to find that the version of Hard Boiled is the English dub, but it does look pretty good for a movie of it's age (and budget). The sound isn't much of an improvement over previous versions I've watched.

The game is decent, playing identically to the demo. Game play is simplistic: if it moves, shoot it. Even on normal difficulty though, the game is a bit easy to get through and the automatic checkpoints mean you don't have to do a lot over to achieve your goal. It really seems like the only difference in difficulty is how much damage you take. I breezed through the first section, since the demo was essentially the first sequence, though there is a boss fight at the end of it that you didn't get to play in the demo....that was interesting. It did offer some variety right away too, in the second level you board a helicopter and assault a drug "town" with a machine gun. Once I get some more time on this one, I will report back. So far it is not the best game, but it is still very entertaining. What it lacks in greatness, it makes up for with almost non stop action and a lot of classic John Woo movie style.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis