Storm Category 4 as of right now.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Because of your avatar change I thought Swerd posted this thread.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
My lawyer will be contacting you about Avatar Infringement.

I'm sure you'll find my settlement offer is one you cannot refuse.

K

kxthor

Junior Audioholic
@kxthor
Yes I'm, live about 10 miles from Avery island. And that island sits on the coast of Vermilion bay. Where I live New Iberia, floods really bad when a hard rain storm passes. Any city in Louisiana below HWY 190 is Considered by FEMA flood zone.
View attachment 39170
I live in lake charles. Just saw your post and thought you would be somewhat close by. Hopefully your home isn't messed up by all this mess.
Edit...damn autocorrect.

Last edited:
K

kxthor

Junior Audioholic
@kxthor
"messed up by "ass" this mess"?
We need more members like you on AH.
Really checkout @CajunLB he is in Lafayette or Vermilion parish. Your Louisianian? Just thought I'd assyouto.,:cool:
Damn autocorrect on phones and shiftwork don't mix sometimes. Stay safe bro.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
What am I missing?
My understanding is all hurricanes in the northern hemisphere have the same direction of rotation which means if two of them get close to each other they're going to be canceling each other out rather than adding to each other's power. I'm sure there will be some special activity at the places where their winds run into each other but I can't see how they would not reduce the overall level of energy significantly by running into each other!
I'm thinking two hurricanes colliding is a good thing!

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
It this like Ghostbusters crossing their streams?
View attachment 39213

Seriously, all you AHers in Louisiana, take care.
Agreed. Same to everyone in the Houston area. The second one is headed that way and then will continue on toward my area. I would imagine it'll have lost a lot of power by then since we are so far inland, but it floods a lot here so who knows.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
What am I missing?
My understanding is all hurricanes in the northern hemisphere have the same direction of rotation which means if two of them get close to each other they're going to be canceling each other out rather than adding to each other's power. I'm sure there will be some special activity at the places where their winds run into each other but I can't see how they would not reduce the overall level of energy significantly by running into each other!
Remember SuperStorm Sandy that hit the NorthEast in 2012? It was the result of an Atlantic hurricane merging with a nor'easter storm. Both were large low pressure storms where their rotation was the same – counter-clockwise. After merging, there were higher speed winds, even lower pressure, and a larger storm surge as it hit Long Island and NYC.

Last edited:
panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Now, Imagine if they got hit with a category five storm like New Orleans got hit by Katrina in 2005. That East Coast Storm with No Barrier reef's, just sandy beaches. That storm hit them hard. Nothing good with any Hurricane hitting any area. The Surges of water coming in fast the Constant pounding of Highwinds for hours. Flooding kills more than the winds from storms of that nature.
That kind of storm is just crazy. I don't think Harvey was a category 5, but all that non-stop rain just devastated Houston and surrounding areas. I can't imagine what something like Katrina was to deal with. That stuff is terrifying.

K

kxthor

Junior Audioholic
@kxthor, looks like Lake Charles is gonna take a Direct hit :oops: from the 2nd storm. No less than category 1 storm 105 mile winds. Batten down the hatches! Not much I really hate in life Hurricanes are definitely at the top of my list of things I hate. Thing is, where I live we'll be on the bad side of that storm.:mad:
Yea, we are thinking about leaving for sure.

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
I live in lake charles.
Unfortunately, you are still in the Cat 3 bullseye. I'd grab your AH gear, the dog, maybe the cat (if it hasn't crapped in your shoe lately), any valuables like guns, computer, music, and maybe the spouse and kids and hit the road. Stay safe those of you in the bullseye. Yikes!!

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
@kxthor, looks like Lake Charles is gonna take a Direct hit :oops: from the 2nd storm. No less than category 1 storm 105 mile winds. Batten down the hatches! Not much I really hate in life Hurricanes are definitely at the top of my list of things I hate. Thing is, where I live we'll be on the bad side of that storm.:mad:
Hopefully, it will be a dud, too.

A friend was in the Bahamas when Dorian crawled through at a blistering 2 MPH, directly over his condo. Cat 5 hurricane with 185 MPH sustained winds. Tore the crap out of that area- the storm surge was over 18' high and the highest points on the island are at about 35' above sea level.

Good luck to you.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
What am I missing?
2020 is the new, extended version of 'Anything can happen Day'.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
This really is the freaking last thing this country needs right now. I hope everyone stays out of harms way.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
Winds for the 2nd storm are as of right now are 125 mile winds. They are Expecting the 2nd storm to be closer to the category 4 or 5. They are saying alone the coast that storm is Unsurvivable. 6 to 15ft up to 20ft Surge. Any of my fellow Louisianians living off of HWY 14, Pecan island and around Rockafella reserve, Cameron Parish, Holly Beach area GET OUT NOW!!!!
It's looking to be a might bad one. I hope people chose to get out. Those winds and a 20 ft storm surge isn't anything to mess with. I read one article with some old timers who have ridden out everything before. Not this time. They have loaded up and headed out.

this be some messed up 2020 shite...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis