Steve’s Content Corner

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Was gonna take up your challenge to us single guys....but PV is "unable to play video" after several tries.....will try again later :)
Okay, got back to this tonight and finally got PV to cooperate altho it resisted at first (made me reset my FireStick) and then stuttered quite a bit and dropped out a coupla times. Yeah, the guy is funny....and didn't find my singleness getting in the way. Actually last weekend I had to evacuate and went to my sister's for several days, and the way she and her roommate (they used to date, but have been roommates forever) bicker back and forth on a wide variety of stuff, and this was a bit funnier as a result I think....

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I just read this one. My thoughts are that the more I learn about psychology of human experience, the more I lean toward the position that measurements are only good insofar that they shape the expectation of a listening experience. Expectations and biases are everything. Measurements are nothing in themselves. The objectivists who believe that measurements can reliably predict the experience of hearing are largely ignorant of the research that shows what actally matters in a perceptual experience and what determines the character of an aural event. I hate to say that as someone who puts a lot of effort into making good measurements, but I can't ignore the science.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Clearly there’s a reason blind testing is used in the industry.
I don't think blind testing is used very often. Maybe by some manufacturers like Harman, but I haven't heard of many other manufacturers using blind testing to develop products.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
I don't think blind testing is used very often. Maybe by some manufacturers like Harman, but I haven't heard of many other manufacturers using blind testing to develop products.
I wasn’t thinking of the manufacturers so much as the research that gets published in the JAES. I don’t expect many manufacturers have Harman’s resources to fund that kind of research.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis