Stereo Listening Using a miniDSP for Bass Management/Room Correction

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Always buy more bass than you think you need. Trust me.
Seeing you type this is music to my... eyes? :p

It's always better to have a li'l more than you need than not enough. A lot of folks just haven't experienced clean, effortless bass with a lot of authority. Once you do, you totally get it.

I rarely push my subs anywhere close to their limits, which basically means most of the time they're only idling. To me that translates to an effortlessness in the sound and on the occasion I like to bump it up (a la- Subwoofer Candy!) I've got it. I've never felt the plate amps on the backs of my subs get hot. Like, never. Hopefully that translates into better longevity as well. I expect both of my subs to keep chugging along for years to come (cross fingers). Just another reason to go a little bigger, imo.

guitarmadman85

guitarmadman85

Enthusiast
So. Come to find out, the SB-1000 has an 80 Hz high-pass crossover on the RCA outs!

I woke up in the middle of the night and remembers that the sub has RCA stereo line level ins and outs, and I thought to myself "if it was me, I'd put a crossover on those outputs." And sure enough, it's there. It seems to be a steeper crossover than my AVR (the AVR 80 Hz crossover will have some signal still going to the towers at 20 Hz, the crossover in the sub has virtually none), and it hasn't been as easy to integrate, but it's good to hear what the stereo setup with the towers with bass management sounds through the Emotiva A-300.

Attachments

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis