State of the Party, a republican take on being republican.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Having been raised in a conservative Midwestern manner, and being a firm believer in Utilitarianism and Balance, I crave meaningful discourse between both parties in our system. Humans are at their best when we find ways to work together, even when it isn't Our Way that we end up having to work towards.
Being able to find balance these days is a joke, of course: the Seesaw is broken. It has been for a long time.

I saw this earlier when I rolled out of bed to get ready for my swim... give it a read, share your thoughts... Left or right, the common discourse is that we (the US) are ultimately lost right now (in oh-so-many ways). This is one side of a story. :)

Cheers!

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
As a conservative , I see the point, though the article is overloaded with a ridiculous amount of 'verbiage'.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
That was a good read. Outside of audio equipment :p I've become financially conservative since my late 30's. Not to the point where I squeeze blood out of pennies, but I weigh and calculate major purchases and only assume debt when there's no other means.

But socially... yeah I can't relate to the contemporary (R) party on much of anything anymore. I was on the boat with some of their conventional ideals but those have been thrown out the window. I love the projection of trump saying that the democrats have been infiltrated and overtaken by radicals. Do you have a fucking mirror in the White House?

Cruz, Rubio, all those guys need to shut the fukk up. Any senator with buyer's remorse needs to shut the fukk up. They all chose party over country, and they had a chance in January to get his ass gone. But no... next year they will play the helpless victim... the "I was only following orders" sad song.

117407551_3189282711151918_7215567166440291536_n.jpg

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Only if people who voted for him in 2016 could go back in time to change their votes ;).

Imagine a voting booth/time machine.
Here you go found one

F20D5DAA-E18B-41A4-8107-6568C71BA28A.gif

A0A6594B-1B86-4024-8480-EA96B412FE11.gif

Last edited:
S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Only if people who voted for him in 2016 could go back in time to change their votes ;).

Imagine a voting booth/time machine.
How many really would?

"Among Republicans, 66% thought Trump was handling the coronavirus pandemic well ..."

Statistically, we are handling COVID-19 worse than most 3rd world countries. Think about the bubble of delusion you would have to live in to believe that Trump is handling COVID-19 well. There is no hope for such people. Their own family members can die and they would still blame Democrats or BLM or the globalist jews or some other hideous insanity.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
.... Do you have a fucking mirror in the White House?
..... the "I was only following orders" sad song.

View attachment 39220
I am constantly talking to the TV and asking that question. I guess I'd have to tweet to him to get the message. So he will not look.

Then came the what, Nuremberg trials?
Need one badly.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I was curious as to where this thread might go. :)

Growing up as a youth in the Reagan years (I was 7 when he took office), I got to experience 12 years of Republican Presidential Leadership. I saw the end of the USSR and the Berlin Wall. I got to watch the news of the First Iraqi Conflagration in Desert Shield. We weren't wealthy, but I never felt in want of anything as I was growing up....
What Happened? I never thought that I wouldn't be a good Republican Adult as my first election was becoming a reality. What drove me away?

These are the choices, I feel, the Republicans made to kill themselves:
Pro-Life (Ties in to:)
Social-Conservative / Religious Right
Pro-BIG-Business
Pro 1%
Pro NRA
Pro White

Half of their Hypocracy as the Peoples Party involve them lying through their teeth to convince Blue Collar workers across the Nation that the Republicans stand for them.
Where is this true?
Not in Health Care. Not in Tax Policy. Not in Consumer Protection. Not in Water Quality. Not in Air Quality. Not in Job Creation... Should I continue?

Please don't misunderstand. I get that the Dems are paying lip service to some of these issues, too, but at the same time I see them following through on attempting to actually improve things for the Common American more so than their Red counterparts. (This is a complicated idea, and whether the Dems actually are improving things is a different story... but between the two, now, I would rather cast my lot with them over the Reps. *shrugs)

All I know is that I did not vote once for Clinton, nor for W. I very gladly voted for Obama. And very reluctantly voted for Hilary (Still, why for the love of humanity was she allowed to run?!).

Regardless...

All I see now in the Republican Party is a group of Old White Men and Brainwashed Women leading a charge for a diminishing goal: Rich, White, God-Fearing Americans who love Guns. If you aren't one of them, you do not belong to the club. SMDH

What's next for us/US[A]?
Where does this go, regardless of Trump?
Is Democracy dead?
Do we now have an enshrined ruling class?

Oh well... That asteroid flying at us on 11/2 isn't going to wipe us out, so we'll get to armchair quarterback the next chapter. :rolleyes:

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Think about the fact that there were a number of Republicans that spoke at the DNC. Has that ever happened?

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Think about the fact that there were a number of Republicans that spoke at the DNC. Has that ever happened?
Former President Bush is not speaking at RNC, though as far as I know he has not said who he will vote for president in the upcoming election. Should he say he will vote for Biden, that will be unprecedented in modern times.

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
Former President Bush is not speaking at RNC, though as far as I know he has not said who he will vote for president in the upcoming election. Should he say he will vote for Biden, that will be unprecedented in modern times.
I though Bush had come out in support of Biden already? The tea party movement hurt and allowed the loony bin folks to move in and take over. Now it's be come a party of a single personality, not a party of ideals. A guy who called white supremacists "good people." A guy that has been praised by evangelicals even though he has zero morals and has hinted he would like to screw his own daughter. Hell, Falwell was a huge supporter and look at Falwell's character - cuckholded and I'd bet there is more shady crap in that mess. The Republican party is no more. It's just a cult of personality and a place for nazi's and openly racist people to hang out.

At least Hilary hid her criminality.

diskreet

diskreet

Audioholic
OP Thanks for sharing the article. I thought it was an interesting read, especially as I try to make some sense of the current GOP. Lots of good food for thought in the comments, too.

One point I'd like to add; I don't see how today's GOP is all that different from the GOP of 30+ years ago other than they don't use dog whistles anymore. Their one and only policy has been consistent longer than my lifetime; maximize benefits to the wealthiest and most powerful to consolidate wealth and power. Obviously that manifests as tax cuts, but also the crony capitalism and corruption. As far as I can tell, the other crap - the bigotry, the faux evangelicalism, the chicken hawks, the endless hypocrisy - is simply there to keep "conservatives" voting them in against their own interests.

Like ryanosaur said the Democrats at least try to improve the future, although they've traditionally lacked the courage and spine needed to accomplish their goals. I struggle to point to a single major policy Republicans have implemented in my entire lifetime that made America stronger and more prosperous for future generations. There's endless examples of damage, though.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I though Bush had come out in support of Biden already?
Hundreds of former politically appointed officials in W's administration have come out in support of Biden, but I don't think W did.
The tea party movement hurt and allowed the loony bin folks to move in and take over.
There are many who would say that loony bin door was opened by Newt Gingrich in 1994. Remember his Contract On America?
Hell, Falwell was a huge supporter and look at Falwell's character - cuckholded and I'd bet there is more shady crap in that mess.
There is likely a whole lot more shady crap that will be revealed in that mess. Apparently there are illustrations with numerous risque photos from Falwell's phone or from Giancarlo Granda the 'pool boy' who was Becky Falwell's boy friend. Falwell claims he was being extorted by Granda. There are reports that Michael Cohen, Trump's former lawyer & fixer, paid Granda a visit, and the extortion threat apparently vanished.

Falwell is getting a huge golden parachute from Liberty College, $10.5 million, to resign. He'll get $2.5 million over the next 2 years, equal to twice his present annual salary. After that, $8 million more as retirement. I'd guess that plenty of people associated with Liberty College aren't happy with that.

Just for grins, I did a quick Google search for college president's salaries. $490,000 is at the 90th percentile level. Only 10% of all university or college presidents get more. Jerry Falwell, Jr. was getting $1,250,000 yearly! And that's from a small Evangelical Christian college in Lynchburg, Virginia.

This whole story emerged just one week after the arrest of Steve Bannon for fraud & embezzlement. He was apprehended by armed US Postal Service Fraud Investigators while on a 150' long yacht owned by a Chinese billionaire. To quote Dave Barry, "I swear I'm not making this up. You just can't make up stuff this good."

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis