State of Play (Spoiler-free, brief review)

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
Crowe seemed a little flat (although maybe that was just the character), and Affleck is predictably terrible. Their characters interaction is perhaps the biggest hurdle of the movie, I found they didn't connect.

Nevertheless, I liked the movie. While a little too bold at times, and certain parts were a bit of a sidetrack, it was certainly interesting.

Blu-Ray transfer is satisfactory. Picture is sharp, colors nuetral, sound is sufficient considering the content. Most important for this sort of movie, the dialog was very clear and well recorded, no irritating microphone noise or continuity issues.

7/10. Worth a rental/Netflix, not worth buying.

skizzerflake

skizzerflake

Audioholic Field Marshall
Crowe seemed a little flat (although maybe that was just the character), and Affleck is predictably terrible. Their characters interaction is perhaps the biggest hurdle of the movie, I found they didn't connect.

Nevertheless, I liked the movie. While a little too bold at times, and certain parts were a bit of a sidetrack, it was certainly interesting.....
Like you said, Crowe (or his role) was flat and Affleck was flat. In short, the whole movie was OK but not what I expected. It was minimally fun but I wouldn't go back and watch it again.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I found they didn't connect.
I'm gonna let that one slide and not mention The Adams, Rick, Doug and Dave.

... or Nomo for that matter. :D:p

I saw the movie too and agree with you. It's worth a Netflix viewing but I wouldn't like drive to a Block Buster to get it and then actually have to return it.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'm gonna let that one slide and not mention The Adams, Rick, Doug and Dave.

... or Nomo for that matter. :D:p
We all say "thanks." Well, not Dave, but he signed it. He's "Got Rick" right now.

:D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis