STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I may have one of the oldest JBL PB12 still in operation but it's starting to fail. The auto on off isn't working all that well. The indicator lights flash back and forth between green and red progressively faster during the shut down to the point of them turning yellow.:D

It's in my 2nd system in the family room and I'll guess I replace it with my AV123 x-sub...it's just sitting there doing nothing anyway.

Just thought everyone would like to know...:rolleyes:

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Good grief, I thought you were talking about your marriage. :eek:

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
Hey STRONGBADF1, would you possibly consider just manually turning the unit on/off, or is that not even a possibility? You probably won't have much luck, but you might try turning up the sub preamp level, and turning down the sub's gain to compensate. (I've heard that sometimes helps subs more easily trigger on). Anyhoo, sorry.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Hey STRONGBADF1, would you possibly consider just manually turning the unit on/off, or is that not even a possibility? You probably won't have much luck, but you might try turning up the sub preamp level, and turning down the sub's gain to compensate. (I've heard that sometimes helps subs more easily trigger on). Anyhoo, sorry.

Maybe, but I'm gonna see how the x-sub does for now. I bought it a long time ago after winning two separate $100 AV123 gift cards through AH contests.:cool: I remember it sounding pretty good but well see if it has enough power for the 2.1 system in the family room. The back of the room is open to the dining room that's open to the kitchen. The JBL does alright in there but I don't remember the x-sub having as much headroom.

The JBL has been making that electronic zipper sound when it triggers on for at least 2 years so...It might be time to operate just to see what's in there....:D

If everything goes like normal I'll trash the JBL with the exploratory surgery and I'll fry the x-sub pushing it too hard.:eek: Then I'll just have to buy/build something new.:D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
after winning two separate $100 AV123 gift cards through AH contests
Ugh ... man you suck. :D
Just kidding of course. It's weird how some people are lucky like that.
I was at tcarcio's buying a 2 channel amp and he had two projectors. :confused:
Yep, he won the second one. :rolleyes:
Youz guyz.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Ugh ... man you suck. :D
Just kidding of course. It's weird how some people are lucky like that.
I was at tcarcio's buying a 2 channel amp and he had two projectors. :confused:
Yep, he won the second one. :rolleyes:
Youz guyz.
Yeah, I figured you'd say something about that...:D

It's karma I tell you!:p:):D

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I would have got that in sooner but I have been pre occupied. :p
Leave Rick alone!

I've got this salmon colored vision of Alex and Rick walking hand and hand and all you hear is the sound of flip flops and men giggling.:p

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I've got this salmon colored vision of Alex and Rick walking hand and hand and all you hear is the sound of flip flops and men giggling.:p
Rick would be the one wincing and walking like his feet hurt. :eek: :D

Sorry Rick.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Alex probably took more than 10 minutes toning his response down...;)
True, true!

I wasn't referring to posting, though. ;) My remark was more, well, you know that my mind is typically in the gutter, right? :D

Last edited:
STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
True, true!

I wasn't referring to posting, though. ;) My remark was more, well, you know that mind is typically in the gutter, right? :D
Well Duh...I'm a dope!:eek::D

See that, I spend a bunch of time away from yous guys (I am from Philly) and I can't keep up.:)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis